Friday, October 15, 2021

Sunday Hair, Ashleigh's Baby Shower, On the Phone with Ryker and Rylee Homecoming week and Game

On Sunday October 10 I initially did my hair in an updo that I made up on the spot. I really liked how it looked in the back but did not like how I looked from the front so I took a picture and then pulled it out and wore my hair down.
Ashleighs in-laws through her a baby shower that afternoon which I of course could not make it to. I sent a gift for her and Mom Marco Polo'd her while she was unwrapping my gift. I got her a Pooh counting book, Winnie the Pooh onesies and Winnie the Pooh crib bedding set. All three items were on her registry and I thought they were so cute. I am happy that I was able to show my love and support for the new baby even though I couldn't make it to the shower.
Ryker called on Monday to talk to us and I later discovered that Rylee screenshot some pictures during her conversation. Ryker is doing good he is really enjoying his mission and is not homesick at all yet which is good. I love getting his weekly letters and talking to him when we get the opportunity to.
Homecoming week means dress up week and every day is a different dress up day. Rylee was so excited that for "Jersey Day" she could wear her Dads Cleveland Indians jersey that he got on his mission so many years ago. She was asking us if we had a jersey and Kefford said he used to have one but he doesn't have any idea where it is. I know that I would have never gotten rid of it and same with him so I told him to check his closet. Sure enough there it was, still like new since it does not ever get worn. It was fun for Rylee to wear it and nice for Kefford to locate its where about once more.
Owyhee had their Homecoming assembly Friday morning outside in the sunshine and cold...brrrr. When I picked Rylee up from school that afternoon she gave me a play by play of all the action from that mornings assembly. Being in Student Council she was a part of helping with all of that action. One thing she was excited to tell me about was the Homecoming God and Goddess. Owyhee does their Homecoming Royal Court a little different than what I am used to. Instead of having Seniors Homecoming King and Queen and all the other grades Prince and Princesses they have special names for each grade...Seniors: King and Queen, Juniors: Prince and Princess, Sophomores: Baron and Baroness and  Freshman: Duke and Duchess. In addition to all of this they wanted to include the special needs class and have them part of the royalty Homecoming court and the only titles the Student Council could come up with were God and Goddess, a little weird but ok. Porter is a special needs kid in our ward,  he is Avynlea's age and just the sweetest boy. Rylee was super excited to tell me that he was voted Homecoming God and she described how cute he was going up to get his crown. The inclusion and love that the kids show the special needs kids honestly brought tears to my eyes. I told Rylee I can remember being in school and seeing other kids make fun of the special needs kids and how sad that always made me. I would try to go out of my way to be nice to them and I love that my kids are able to do the same at their schools. 
Later that night was the Homecoming game against Boise High School. Rylee went with her friends Taylee and Naomi and had such a good time. They painted their faces, stood in the student section and cheered their team on to their first ever Varsity Football win!! That it was their Homecoming game made the Victory all that much sweeter! 
Owyhee 23 Boise 20 

As soon as the game was over the students stormed the field to celebrate and then the school had a bonfire which Rylee thought was fun.