Sunday, October 24, 2021

Rylee Gave a Youth Talk!

Kefford is in charge of finding speakers for sacrament meeting this month and s he was looking at the youth to see who has given a talk recently and who hasn't he saw that it has been a couple of years since Rylee spoke so he asked her to give a talk. She was not thrilled about it but she said she would and she started preparing her talk. Even though we are back to meeting in church we still have our meetings broadcasted for those who can't be there. I let my family know the night before that Rylee was speaking and sent them the link so they could watch if they wanted to. Most of them were able to tune in and it was so nice to know that my family is able to be a part of our lives in this small way. Rylee did such a great job and my only critique is the she talked way to fast. I told her the night before to try to slow it down as she spoke but her nerves were too great and she sped through her talk. Heather took a screen shot of Rylee and I love that she did, it's fun to have a photo of her speaking.

I was asked to speak on how Jesus Christ is an example to me of serving others. Christ’s entire life was spent serving and helping others, so there are so many different stories that I could tell you, but the one that I chose, because it is an example to me is when Jesus blessed the Nephite children.  

After Jesus said a prayer with all the Nephites, he wept and then took each child and blessed them, and he wept again. It says in third Nephi 17, verses 21 and 22, “And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this, he wept again.” After he blessed each child, he told the people to look, and they saw angels and fire surrounding their children. It says in third Nephi 17, verse 24, “And as they looked to behold, they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angles did minister unto them.”  

This is an example for me when serving because Jesus took time out of his ministry to help each child with what they needed. Serving isn’t always the most entertaining thing to do but it will help others and leave you with a great feeling. I have received service from others many times, and it has helped me feel the love of Christ, and I want others to feel that love too. 

Although I can’t necessarily bless a bunch of children like Christ did, there are many different things I could do to bless othersfor exampledoing baptisms for the dead at the temple, or baking cookies to give to a neighbor. It can be something super small, but it will still make somebody’s day that much better. 

What Jesus said was so great that it couldn’t be recorded. He was able to bless so many lives that day, even more than just the children. He was able to bless and serve the people that got to witness and see the angels and hear what Jesus said. I have been able to witness service toward others in need and it is an awesome and spiritual experience for me. I see how it can help them and how it strengthens their personal testimoniesalong with the people who are serving them.   

I would like to bare my testimony that I know Jesus Christ was perfect in every way, and I should strive to be like him. One of the ways to become like him is service, and him serving has helped me and is an example to me in many ways. I know that service is a great tool that Heavenly Father wants us to use to become more like him. It will truly help someone, and it will make you feel wonderful. I try to be more like Christ, and I know that serving is one of the ways to do that. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 




That night I was looking through instagram and I came across this photo and it made me think of Rylee, I could totally see her having a set up like this to read her books at night:)