Sunday, October 31, 2021

Dia de Muertos

After church Rylee and Avynlea decided to carve some little pumpkins we had outside. I got a picture of Rylee with her cute little Jack-o-lantern but failed to get one of Avynlea with hers. I am glad I was able to at least get Rylee since I didn't do so well with pictures of her the day before.
I had my ofrenda all set up and we were ready to celebrate Did de Muertos. Since Halloween was on Sunday this year I decided that we were going to celebrate day of the dead that night instead of November 1. Also mostly because Avynlea had cheer practice Monday night and it would have been hard to celebrate around her schedule.
We were not trick or treating but we were not opposed to handing out candy so we watched the movie "Coco" downstairs while we ate our ancestors favorite treats and had to pause it a lot to answer the door. I am grateful that we are able to celebrate this Holiday and to use it as a time to remember loved ones we have lost. I love the movie "Coco" and all the feels that it gives me and the message to always remember our loved ones who have passed on. I am glad we were able to have our little celebration and I think it is fast becoming one of my favorite holidays.

top picture: Grandma Marge(chocolate covered almonds), Grandpa Farrell(Pineapple upside down cake), Grandpa Lutes(pumpkin bread), Grandma Lutes(chocolate cake)
bottom picture: Grandma Ware(popcorn balls), Grandpa Max(fig newtons), my Dad Jerry(pinwheels)