Saturday, October 23, 2021

Pumpkin Bread

Oct. 17: I made French bread on Sunday for dinner and I decided to take my newly learned pumpkin shape making skills and made the loaves into Pumpkins. I thought they turned out great and looked as good as they tasted!
 Mikell's Bishop used to be in our ward and is a friend of our family, he sent Kefford a text Sunday morning letting him know that Mikell was speaking in their ward and he sent the link if we wanted to watch. Kefford had meetings and couldn't tune in but I was able to watch and I am really glad I did. She spoke on her personal conversion to Christ and I really enjoyed hearing it and hearing her stories. She did an amazing job!


Tuesday I was sewing a lot of the day, working on a quilt I started with Alison 23 years ago. When I was first married and living in Nyssa she thought I should learn how to sew so she took me every week to a sewing class at the church where we would sew together quilt blocks. We got all of the blocks done but then between moving away and having babies the quilt pieces got put away and not thought about again until we moved to this house and I found the box of material. I have had it sitting in the craft room for the past 5 years and decided this week that it is time to finish the quilt so I started. Wednesday I was having some back pain, pain that I normally have off and on through the years so I didn't really think twice about it. I didn't sew that day, just took it a little easier since my back was hurting. That night I went to bed early and woke up at about 10 when Avynlea came in to ask me a question. I was trying to roll over and I was in so much pain that I couldn't so I tried to sit up and again that was really hard because of the pain. I was half laying half standing and I couldn't move so I asked Siri on my phone to text Kefford to have him come down. When he came I told him what was happening and had him help me lie back down and I asked for a blessing. I didn't want anyone to come over so he gave me more of a blessing of peace rather than a healing one and then I tried to go back to sleep. Thursday morning I woke up and when I tried to get up the pain was worse and I had to have Kefford help me up so I could go to the bathroom. When he did the pain was so intense that I could feel all the blood drain from my face and I started sweating really bad and needed to throw up. It was a nightmare and I wanted to die, I hurt so bad. He had to go to work so I had him help me to the couch and I sat there hurting, not as much but still pretty bad. Kefford got me in with a chiropractor in Emmett and I was able to get to the car and drive myself and met him at the Chiropractor office. He gave me a neck adjustment, a hip adjustment and since my right leg is longer than my left he gave me a leg adjustment. I have never been to the chiropractor and was really nervous about all of the bone cracking he did but I survived so I guess that's good news. He also hooked me up to an electric shock/stimulator to give my lower back muscles a deep massage. Once he was done I made an appointment for the next week and I went home. My back is better, I still have pain but I am able to move around without wanting to die so that is good I guess.  

 Oct 22 Kefford and I along with Avynlea and Rylee went to Wal-Mart to get some things. I was feeling better and felt like I could move some but I made sure to get a cart while we were there to have something to lean on if I needed it. While there, Kefford found a minions mask that he really wanted Avynlea to wear. She was a good sport and put it on but she did not like it, hahaha.
Kefford wanted to check the top shelves to try to find a certain Bat Mobile and so he pulled the cart over and half stood in it to make himself tall enough to search the top shelves. he didn't find what he was looking for which was disappointing to him but Rylee managed to catch a good shot of him looking.
Later that night Kefford went with me to the football game. Meridian was playing Centennial in the first round of the state playoffs and they won! It was a great game and was fun to see Meridian do so well, the final score was 35-0.
I brought a heat pack for my back and it was doing ok but by the end of the game I was starting to feel the pain. Since Meridian was so far ahead and I did not want to get caught in the crowds we left a little bit early so I could get home and rest my back.

Friday night Kenedy went with Mia and Taylee to Utah to go to FrightFest at Lagoon. She had a great time at the park and with her friends the trouble came when it was time to head home. Taylee's car had a flat tire and so they put a spare tire on but instead of driving straight back to Rexburg they met McKoy in Salt Lake and stayed at his hotel. The next morning they were able to safely get back to Rexburg.

Mia, Kenedy and Taylee

Oct 23 Avynlea came to the door of the TV room to ask us if she could go to her friends for a little but. She was being weird and only looking in halfway so I told her she needed to com all the way in. She didn't want to and since she was being so sketchy we told her she couldn't go to her friends unless she did. She finally showed us her full face for a second and that's when we saw she was stopping a bloody nose she had with a tampon shoved in it. So funny! I wanted to take a picture of the tampon in her nose but she absolutely would not let me do that and I let it go and let her go to her friends. :)