Saturday, October 30, 2021

Halloween Parties

I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to do our 8th Annual Peterson Halloween Party this year. Looking ahead to October there were so many events going on within the Peterson family that I thought we would probably skip this year rather then cram one more thing into our October schedule. But then some things got cancelled and I was hearing from family how much their kids look forward to it every year and so I decided we would be able to make it work. I did the party on October 30th and we did it at 1:00 so that those who had trunk or treats or plans for that evening could still make it to those. Mikell's family was sick all that week and couldn't make it but we had Kelsey and Brit's family, Trevor and Michelle's family, Dustin and Whitney's family, Andrew and Kylie's family and Bob and Alison. A smaller group but still enough kids to make it fun.
back row: Qiana(Nerd), Asher(Snoopy), Joshua(Cow), Brielle(Cat), Rylee(Alien)
middle row: Sadie(Fox), Caleb(Captain America), Xander(Charlie Brown), Tayvia(Rapunzel), Madison(Witch)
front row: Amelia(Vamperina), Dillon(Superman), Lainey(Fairy), Garrett(Captain America), Hazel(Woodstock), Kinsley(Cat)

We had a nacho bar with everyone providing toppings or treats and the food was yum! The games we had the kids play were smash the pumpkins, which was just them stomping on and popping orange balloons and wrap the mummy. For that one we had them divide into three teams and then they picked one person on their team to be the mummy and they wrapped them with white crepe paper. Sadie, Hazel and Amelia were chosen to be the mummy and their teams wrapped them really well. 


After the party Kefford, Rylee and I met up with Avynlea at our Wards Trunk or Treat. Kefford wandered around while Avy, Rylee and I handed out candy from the back of Rykers pickup and then after a while Rylee went ff with her friends to wander around. I thought to take a picture at a point when Rylee wasn't there and wish I would have thought of it when she was with us. Avynlea came from work where she dressed up as a cute cowgirl and I enjoyed having the cowgirl nest to me handing out candy.


In Rexburg Kenedy dressed up as Lilo and Stitch with her roommate Taylee for a Halloween party and then dressed up as the Once-ler and The Lorax from the Dr Seuss Book/movie The Lorax with her roommate Lacey for a different party. She looked beautiful in both costumes and I know she had a lot of fun with her roommates.

Later that night Avynlea dressed as an Angel for a Halloween party she was going to. I wish I would have thought to have taken an individual picture of Rylee dressed as the Alien but it was another Mom fail.
I bought material this last week to make a table runner for Dia de Muertos and I was able to finish the binding the night before. I have never done a binding the hand stitch method and as I was watching a youtube tutorial on it I had the thought to just take the easy and lame way out and hot glue the binding on but then I told myself I could do it the right way and I did and it looks amazing and I am so proud of it. It turned out perfect and I immediately put it on my ofrenda so we could celebrate the day of the dead.