Friday, October 15, 2021

Meridian vs Rocky Football Game

This photo of Avynlea and her friend Ryan was taken on Thursday when Avy went to watch the JV football game against Rocky She had a lot of fun and was really excited when Meridian won!
Friday night the cheerleaders came to our house after school to get ready for the Varsity Football game against Rocky. I made macaroni and cheese and I quadrupled the recipe because I wanted to make sure we would have enough. I definitely did not need to do that, tripling it would have been more then enough but better to have too much then too little. I was left with two dishes filled with macaroni and cheese and after the cheerleaders left Kefford and I took one pan over to the Lyon's to give them the gift of dinner. They were super excited and it was fun to visit with them a little bit. They even decided to come to the game and I told them I would save them a seat. They came late in the third quarter and only ended up staying about 20 minutes because they had their baby Claire with them but it was fun for them to come for a little bit.
The cheerleaders normally wear Camo to the Rocky game but the Camo pants that all of the returning cheerleaders have were not going to come in time so they decided to wear football jerseys with Camo scarfs in their hair. Avynlea chose to wear Max Gwilliams number which nobody was surprised at given her not so secret huge crush on the guy. 
Kenedy was coming home this weekend for Trista's wedding and I was really excited to see her. I got roped into braiding the cheerleaders hair and in between braids I would check to see where Kenedy was on the phone tracker I have. Pretty quick she arrived and I was so excited but I couldn't really hug her because I was in the middle of braiding. She sat next to me and braided some hair and we just talked, she brought her roommate Lacey with her and it was fun to meet her.
Avynlea had one of the cheerleaders take some pictures of her, Natalie and Paige but she didn't do a good enough job so she had Kenedy come out and take some better ones.
Avynlea, Natalie and Paige

At the game they took a couple pictures with Avynlea's favorite coach Amanda. Amanda works in the office at the school and Avynlea is an office TA and gets to work for/with Amanda. It has been nice for Avynlea to have her to talk to about cheer frustrations and Captain help.

Avynlea took this jumping picture and google photos put together a then and now collage of Avynlea using this photo and one from Middle School cheer.

Kara uploaded pictures she took during the game to the cheer teams group chat and Avynlea had me go through them and pick which ones I wanted. I loved all the pictures she took of Avynlea stunting and am just in awe of the no fear Avy has when flying. She is pretty amazing!

My friend Stephanie sent me a text asking if I was at the game, she was on the Rocky side there to watch her daughter dance with the Rocky dance team. I sen there this picture of me and said of course I was there. It was fun to chat back and forth with her a little bit. At one point she asked if our cheerleaders were wearing football uniforms because ethos what it looked like to her. I had to laugh about it and say yes they were, I think the look a little goofy with the jerseys on because they are meant to go over pads and therefore stick out funny in the shoulders but the girls like wearing them so what do I know.
During halftime Avynlea came up to us to say hi and we made her take some pictures with all of us.











Kenedy and Lacey


Meridian ended up losing to Rocky which was a big bummer the final score was 24-21, Meridian fought hard but Rocky was just better unfortunately.

Kris Gwilliam sent Kefford and I some pictures of Avynlea that were taken at the Rocky game by someone on the sidelines and sent with the football photos to the football moms. I loved the action shots that were captured of Avynlea and am always happy to have more pictures of her flying.