Wednesday, September 29, 2021

PowderPuff Game 2021!

September 28: Tuesday night I was doing my online Barre class when I noticed Avynlea and Rylee watching and laughing at things on Avynlea's phone. I thought it was such a cute moment I had to take a picture. Avynlea has been so busy with cheer, school and work that it has been hard for her to find any down time. I am so appreciative of these moments where she spends her small amount of down time bonding with her sister.
September 29: A cute pumpkin shaped roll recipe popped up on my Facebook feed and I really wanted to give it a try. I thought I could make them for the Homecoming team lunch the parents are putting on for the cheer teams. I signed up to bring bread and I thought this would be fun to send in and I decided to give the recipe a test run Wednesday morning. The rolls turned out so cute and were a little time consuming, but not bad at all, and were so yummy. I was really excited how they turned out, we had them for dinner with some homemade potato soup and they tasted and looked awesome. Unfortunately for the team lunch they are wanting us to bring in loaves of bread, boring but ok, I can find another time to use this cute pumpkin shaped roll recipe
Avynlea had her Junior year Powderpuff game Wednesday night, if it feels like we just did this for her Sophomore year, we did, because of Covid the games which are usually in the Fall were pushed back to Spring but now this year we can get back to our regular schedule. The Juniors were against the Seniors and Avynlea went into it knowing that while the Juniors would try their hardest, they were no match for the Seniors who had 3 really great rugby players on their team. The final score was 28-6 and I am really impressed with the Juniors and how well they did despite their opposition. I thought it was going to be a shutout with Juniors not being able to score at all and the Seniors getting touchdown after touchdown, so 28-6, not too shabby. Avynlea was put in the second half and did a good job being aggressive and playing her part. I like watching her on the football field during these games because she always shows such determination with how she gets in there and fights. 


Paige, Hailey, Avynlea, Dreya and Hope
Hope transferred to Owyhee for her Junior year but came to the game to watch and cheer on her friends which was nice.
Paige, Hailey, Avynlea and Dreya

Avynlea, Hailey and Dreya