Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

 I posted these patriotic quotes on my instagram stories for Memorial Day. I also included clips from two patriotic songs I love, the first is "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band and the second is "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood

For Memorial Day we went out to Camp HiCliffs with Kefford's family for our annual Memorial Day Weinie roast and waterslide fun. Ryker brought Matthew along so he could have a buddy and those two had a lot of fun with all of the little kids. and I think the little cousins liked having another big person to torment.
Ryker and Matthew going down with Hazel throwing a beach ball at them. We found the ball on the side of the road while we were doing highway cleanup and Kefford kept it, sanitized it and brought it along with us.

It was a hot day and the waterslide was used the entire time we were there. Lots of Cousin Trains went down and everyone had a lot of fun.

Matthew, Ryker, Asher, Brielle, Qiana and Brooke
Rylee gt a splinter in her foot which Kefford was able to get out for her, she was tough and let it happen and Avynlea had fun keeping an eye on the entire operation.

For a short time the older kids had a kickball game going but it didn't last too long, not all of the big kids wanted to play and the rest petered out.

Matthew, Rylee, Brielle, Ryker, Avynlea and Allie
As we were leaving Whitney had us hold Dylan so she could pack up her stuff and so I took some pictures  of my kids holding him. 





I got sent this cute picture of Rylee, Lainey, Sadie and Qiana and they all look so cute. Lainey especially looks pretty adorable with that big smile on her face being a big kid and going down the slide.

We had another great Memorial Day being with the Peterson Family and I am glad this is another tradition we have. I like doing things with family and the Peterson's are pretty fun to do things with