Sunday, May 9, 2021

Cinco De Mayo and Mother's Day

Wednesday May 5th was Cinco De Mayo and I couldn't let Cinco De Mayo go by without a yummy taco dinner. My family seems to be sick of taco's and so I made chicken tacos and bought hard shells hoping that with these differences they would eat them and they did, phew. I also made Spanish Rice, so yum, and I tried making homemade guacamole for the first time, success! The guac was really good, it was missing cilantro because Wal-Mart did not have any when I checked for some that day, but it turned out delicious even without it. 
Sunday was Mother's Day. Our Ward time was recently changed to 9 am from the 1pm we were at and so there was not any sleeping in for me, not that I would have anyway, thank you internal alarm clock. All the women got to go to Relief Society and the elders Quorum had muffins and fruit for us to eat. WE visited for a bit and then the new Relief Society Presidency introduced themselves, they were just out in the week before, and then they had us all go around the room and introduce ourselves. I did not like that part but I did my part by saying my name, how many kids I have, how long I have been in the Ward and then that I am a dance teacher and I love doing hair. It was a good church meeting despite being forced to introduce myself, I don't like doing that.
After church Rylee was really anxious to give me her mothers day gift to me, A sonic gift card with a card she made which had a sweet letter to me inside. I love Rylee's enthusiasm for gift giving and appreciate that she thought of me and knew what I would like. I love Sonic drinks!
Avynlea had me take a picture of her dress blowing out as she was standing on the vent.
Kenedy and Ryker both posted some sweet messages to me on Instagram. I loved seeing them and they made me feel special and loved. Ryker also left a nice letter to me on my bed.






For dinner my family made me steak, French fries, watermelon and brownies.
Ryker got his golf letter from last year a couple of weeks ago and I wanted him to take it up to his room so I took a picture of hi with it so it could finally be put away off my counter. I had it there so I would remember to take a picture, it took me a while but I finally got the job done.