Saturday, May 15, 2021

Byodo-in Temple, Scenic Overlook and last night in Hawaii

Saturday morning was our last full day in Hawaii and we split up and did our own thing for most of the day which was perfect. I wanted to try and get a selfie with the view from our balcony but it ended up being to bright to get a good picture of the view. 
Once we ate breakfast we loaded up and headed out to the Byodo-in Temple. It is a replica of a Temple in Japan and it was really pretty and the grounds were beautiful and so peaceful.

Some of us took a turn ringing the big bell which was fun...
Rylee...
Ryker...
Avynlea...
and Elizabeth

Beautiful Kenedy in front of the koi pond. 

Ryler liked this spot also

and beautiful Avynlea got her picture taken in this serene spot as well.
We took our time looking at everything and enjoying the beauty of this area. 

I really loved all of the vegetation, it really was like a little Garden of Eden.
The Temple had this little shrine to Buddha that people left little tokens and money on. We didn't leave any tokens but Avynlea ad Rylee wanted their picture taken with it.


A beautiful picture spot for Kefford and I and then Kenedy wanted one with me which was fun.
Before going inside the actual Temple we had to remove our shoes. As we were going through we saw this big Budda that maybe was another shrine? It had incense we could light which we all did and after getting a picture we moved on.


I love palm trees and I loved seeing this unique palm called a fan palm, it was pretty cool and if we lived in a more tropical climate I would definitely want one for my yard.
We liked this bamboo "garden" and wanted to take pictures in it..

Avynlea was having a hard time posing and we ended up with a lot of her fun outtakes.


Kenedy wanted a picture of just her outside the Temple and she like Avynlea had a bit of a hard time finding her pose. 

After we were done exploring we got back in the car and drove up above the Temple grounds a little bit to get more of a scenic view. I Also love the look of the scrubby palm tree in the second picture and wish it was a plant I could have in my yard.
I didn't realize it at the time but while I was snorkeling I got pretty banged up from bumping into the coral, I noticed it pretty good today and took a picture to document. Even though I got really scraped up and it hurt I would always do snorkeling because the fun was worth it.
After leaving the area we took a drive up to another scenic spot and this one gave us a view of the entire valley and beyond, it was beautiful!


Kenedy wanted a picture of just her and just wasn't feeling any of them so she finally said good enough and let me stop taking pictures.
We got a family picture and one of Kefford and I and then Kenedy decided to try one more time for a picture that satisfies


My entire life I dreamed of going to Hawaii and eat pineapple, I love pineapple and the thought of eating it fresh from Hawaii has always sounded so good and I finally got my wish. I think the pineapple does taste better on the island and I loved every bite of it!
After a fun day we met back up with Kelsey's family, Kenedy and Avynlea wanted one last time at the beach so we headed down there and while they got there fill Kefford, Ryker and I walked down the street looking in all the shops. Kefford wanted to get a tiki and he wanted to find the best one so we went in and out of a lot of shops before he found the winner. 
Kefford and I found another beautiful spot for pictures and had Ryker take our picture.

Rylee found two more statues to take her picture on front of and that was the end of the picture taking. 
Brit had a tip for a really good shave ice stand and so we trekked a couple blocks down to get a last shave ice but the line was so long and they seemed pretty speedy. I told them there was a stand really close to our condos so we left the expensive stand and went to the one that was closer. We got there right at about 5:55 and once we decided on what we wanted I went up to order mine and the girl told me they closed at 6 and weren't serving anymore. Lame.
No shave ice but for dinner we ordered some empanadas from the food truck and we ate those back at our place. It was a good night but an earlier one since we needed to finish cleaning and packing for our trip home the next day.