Sunday, May 16, 2021

Flying Home

 Sunday morning it was time to fly home. We got a shuttle to the airport and the driver who picked us up was really nice and very talkative. He basically told us his life story on that drive. When we got there Kenedy got checked in pretty quick and went to her terminal but we had to wait for our gates to open and we waited for a good 45 minutes. Once we finally got our stuff checked in our family went to Kenedy's terminal to give her a proper goodbye. It was pretty emotional leaving her knowing we wouldn't see her for a couple of months and maybe longer depending on when Ryker leaves for his mission and she is done with nannying. Once we said our goodbyes we headed over to our gate to get really for our flights.



When I checked us in 24 hours before out flights we got our tickets and Rylee and Avynlea had seat numbers but Kefford, Ryker and I did not. I thought it was really weird because I checked us in right when I got the email telling us to but I decided not to worry about it. United employees must had a different schedule than those of us flying because when we got to our gate I wanted to talk to them about our tickets but once again we had to wait for the employees to show up. Once they got there I told them we needed seat assignments and they said they would figure it out and to be patient they would let us know. Finally we got our seat assignments and when we all boarded Kefford and I discovered we were upgraded to Business class...yeah! We were not sitting together but we had comfy reclining seats with a foot rest and better earphones. It was a nice flight for us going back to the mainland. Ryker did not luck out like we did and I don't know how we got the luck of the draw but we took it and enjoyed every minute of that flight!


We were all exhausted by the time we landed back in Idaho and got our luggage. We had a really fun trip and did a lot of cool things and I am so glad we got to go as a family, but it sure was nice to be home.
Aloha