Thursday, June 3, 2021

Elevated Dance Project Dance Recitals

This year Elevated Dance Projects recital came pretty late. In a normal year EDP has their dance recital the third Saturday in May, but because of covid issues it was scheduled for the first week in June. By that time I was ready to be done and wanting to move on with life but I was at least grateful that we were able to do a recital. On Tuesday the 1st was the dress rehearsal and it went as well as could be expected, nothing amazing or terrible, just a normal dress rehearsal. Wednesday June 2nd was the first recital and I had my Friday night Kinderstars in this recital as well as my Friday night Combo Kids. Both classes did two dances, one for the ballet which was Beauty and the Beast and one for tap for my Kinders and jazz for my Combo Kids. Both my Thursday and Friday Kinderstars classes had the same dances for the ballet which was really helpful for me, I have been having a harder time remembering choreography and so having two classes have the same dances was really nice.
For the recitals we were at Middleton High School and it was nice but I was getting really hot back stage. While my kinders were waiting for their turn to go onstage for the Ballet Violet fell asleep. Waking her up was pretty comical, I sat her up and she was going in and out and I just kept trying to wake her up, luckily she did right before we went onstage and they did such a good job. 
I have loved this class, having the boys in it brought such a different element to class and I was all for it! For the ballet they were animals at Belles Farm and there were the cutest! Their tap dance went really well also, they looked so cute and performed so well, I was really happy!
top picture:Ballet "At The Farm" Eloise(bunny),  Kaelan(Chicken), David(Chicken), Violet(cow), Mila(bunny), Dagney(Pig), Kinslie(Cow)
bottom picture:Tap "Un Poco Loco" Kinslie, Mila, David, Dagny, Kaelan, Eloise and Violet

My Combo Kids were the nest this year! I loved this class so much, I think I probably say that every year LOL, but they really were so fun! 
They performed their dances and it literally gave me chills, I have never seen them perform so well and I was so proud of them! This was their best performance, way to peak! For the ballet they were villagers and danced to "Bonjour", their costumes were perfect and they looked so cute! I really love these kids!
Ballet "Bonjour" Macy, Lillian, Sage, Emaline, Carlee, Roen, Samantha and Rachel

Jazz "BedHead" Rachel, Samantha, Carlee, Lillian, Macy, Roen, Sage and Emmaline
While I was out in the hallway with my girls waiting for their turn to go on I caught Stephanie taking pictures of me, I just love her and am so glad we were able to get closer this year.
I have made the decision not to teach after school anymore which is the right decision but it still breaks my heart. I have loved these Friday night classes and always have the best kids. Teaching after school has been hard with my kids getting older and being involved more and it has just gotten harder, I have missed out on some things and I am always feeling rushed in trying to get to games to watch Avynlea plus I often have to leave Rylee alone and while I know she doesn't mind so much it would be better for me to be around. I have had Roen for 3 years in my Friday nigh classes and have grown pretty attached to her and vice versa. It will be hard not to be her teacher anymore and giving her and her mom a hug goodbye was really sad especially when they said they were exciting to see me in the fall. I haven't said anything to any of the moms and it will be hard when I have to. I already let Kim and Melissa know my decision, I wanted to give them plenty of time to find a replacement, but after this night I am seriously rethinking myself. 
Elizabeth and Roen

Thursday night was our last performance night and I had my Monday TinyTot's and my Thursday Kinderstars on this night. Earlier in the day us teachers were sent a text letting us know the Air Conditioner was out at the school and it was so hot outside so I knew that was not going to be great. Kim and Melissa brought in coolers of ice water for everyone including the audience which I thought was pretty cool and they had fans for backstage which helped but it was still pretty hot. 

So this year I got stuck with the Mommy and Me class which I absolutely did not want. I am great with kids but throw the Mom's in and I am so awkward. I did it but I didn't like it. After about half a year I talked with the Mom's to see if they wanted to just make it a TinyTot's class because I felt their kids would do better without them in there. They agreed and we tried it out and it went so well, the littles did so much better without their Mom's in there and I was super relieved. They only had one dance for recital and because they were so young, 2's and 3's, I kept it super simple. When I took them out on the stage they started waving to the audience and calling out "Hi Mom!" it was so cute and the audience loved it! They did as well as could be expected and looked darling. None of them cried, none of them just stood there and they all tried to dance even though they were distracted by called out to their Mom's. They are the cutest little babies and I just loved teaching them. I definitely want to teach another Tiny Tots class in the Fall.
Tiny Tots "Tails" Amelia, Elizabeth, Isla, Rowan, Sophie and Braylen

I just had the best classes this year, and every year LOL. My Thursday Kinderstars were so cute and I had such a fun year with them. I had some younger ones who didn't do a whole lot in dance class but twirl and watch themselves in the mirror but I just loved them. I had them waiting backstage with me waiting for their performance, I also had the Tiny's with me just to keep them all together and I told the parents when the Kinder's were done then everyone could come get their kids at the same time. We were waiting backstage and had about 3 dances before it was our turn when suddenly the power went out. We were already dying because of no Air but now the power went out, nice. I texted all the moms and told the Mom's of the tiny's to come get their girls and had the other Mom's meet us in the holding room while we waited out what was happening. It was getting late and I had one Mom say that they really needed to leave which stressed me out even more. I didn't want to have her miss her performance but I didn't know how long we had to wait for the power to come back so we were in a pickle. I talked with Stephanie who also had one Kinder class that needed to perform and since they were little and needed to go we decided to have them go on stage and perform. By this time the generator was up and we had a spotlight which we put on the kids and we had a portable speaker so I had all the families of my dancers come stand right in front of the stage and my girls performed. They did such a good job and I started crying, it was such a mess with the power out and the heat and these girls were troopers and didn't let it faze them at all. I was so proud! Honestly this was the best year, the best kids, the best recital, the best everything. The recital was hard in that so many things were going wrong but the kids made it awesome by just doing their job and being so amazing! 
top picture: Tap "I Am Amazing" Cora, Raegan, Liv, Murphy, Bella, Mae and Liliana
bottom picture:Ballet "At The Farm"  Liv(Bunny), Cora(Bunny), Liliana(Chicken), Bella(Chicken), Mae(CowDog), Murphy(CowDog) and Raegan(Pig)


Elizabeth and Stephanie
We Survived!!!
I seriously love her!