Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year's Eve

New Years Eve was pretty uneventful. As an adult staying up till midnight just isn't as fun and magical as it was as a kid and I would rather go to bed then stay up to ring in the New Year. 
For lunch Mary Beth, Erin, Mom, Heather and I went to Simple Simons and then when we got home Ashleigh and Andrew Brown came over with Atticus, I love being around that baby! 
Heather and I both got Instant Pots and we wanted to try hers out so we made Barbacoa Beef in it and then put together all the ingredients for Barbacoa Beef Nachos. It was really good and the Instant Pot wasn't too hard for us to figure out.
Erin got all of us New Years crowns to wear and I liked that they looked like the crown that Princess Elizabeth wore in the book The Paper Bag Princess. It is one of my favorite Children's books and the correlation made me happy.
We had fun eating Nachos, watching The Middle and eating treats for our New Years festivities. I set my phone up on Mom's chair so that we could get a picture will all of us in it. It took a couple of tries but we managed to get one where everyone is smiling and no one is blocking anyone else, success! In order to get Atticus to smile Ashleigh would toss him up in the air and then have him ready by the time the countdown timer on the phone got to 1 and the picture was taken. 
Erin, Heather, Atticus, Ashleigh, Elizabeth, Mom and Andrew Brown

When Atticus is ready to leave whether it's because he wants to take a nap or he wants to go home or he wants visitors to go home he starts waving Bye Bye. It is so cute and I tried to get a picture of him waving Bye Bye, his hand is a little blurry but it shows what it needs to show. It reminded me of when Kenedy was little and when she got tired of company being around she would find their keys and hand them over. 
Kids are just too smart
Once they left if felt like they took the party with them ;)
We stayed up a little bit longer but I was in bed by 9 and probably asleep by 10. 
Happy New Year.