Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Perfect Gift!

On Sunday we got to hold Gwen Hansen during Sacrament meeting. I got her from her big Sister Allie and then handed her over to Avynlea. Avynlea put her to sleep by stroking down her forehead and nose and she was quite pleased with herself. I told her she should make putting babies to sleep her career, she would make a killing!
 Ashleigh sent me my Birthday present and I was so excited when I opened it and saw what it was. A Little Mermaid Wet Brush. I am in love with Wet Brushes and only exclusively use them. This was the perfect gift that combined my love of Ariel with my favorite brush!
 Monday night Avynlea had her Christmas Choir Concert. The concert started at 7 and she also had cheer practice from 7-9. She sent a text to her coach about it and her coach replied that she would normally get a demerit for missing part of practice but since Avynlea volunteered to cheer at a last minute girls basketball game last week that would count for working off her demerit. It was a nice concert filled with Christmas music and Avynlea did a great job. At the very end they turned on the lights so everyone could sing along to a medley of Christmas music. When that happened I made my way down from the back to sit closer to the exit right next to Camille Culbertson, Avynlea's Young Women Leader who came to support her and Addi Bjorn, another YW in the concert. While I was sitting next to her I tried finding Avynlea on the stage but there were so many people I couldn't see her. Camille tried explaining to me where she was and I was just not getting it. She kept telling me how to locate her and would say that she is there waving and ask if I see her and I never could. She even pulled me closer to her a couple of times so I could see from her perspective to no avail. Finally she figured out a different way to tell me where she is and it clicked and I spotted her. After Avynlea came down to us she said she watched that entire exchange go down and she was laughing. We had to leave really quick but Avynlea was able to get a hug from her leader and I took a picture of the two of them before we exited. 
Kenedy sent me a picture of a date she went on with her friend Jesse to a disco skate night. She said she had a lot of fun and she fell twice, once when she tried to stop and she pulled Jesse down with her and then later when Jesse fell and he drug her down with him! Hahaha!
She loved it and had a super fun time!