Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Amos goes to the Capital

One night I had a dream that I was with Amos and I was so happy when I woke up because I got to play with him and cuddle him in my dream. One Sunday night not too long after that Joshua called us on Hangouts and I got to see little Amos running around, I told Joshua about my dream and I also told him that it made me happy that he called so we could see them. 
A couple of days later I woke up to see a message on my phone from Joshua that he wanted to bring Amos with him to come and visit us in Idaho for a quick weekend trip and if that would be ok. I was so excited and I quickly responded with a "yes"!
They flew in on a Saturday morning and we had fun visiting and playing with Amos. Rylee had a basketball game and it was fun to have Joshua and Amos come with Kefford and I to watch her play. Later that evening Rylee, Avynlea and I went on a walk with Joshua and Amos to the park in our neighborhood. 

The next day was Sunday and it happened to be regional conference for us. Amos was pretty restless and Joshua took him out to walk the halls a bit but at one point he came over to sit with me and he had fun playing with my bracelets. I love those chubby cheeks of his.
After church we had lunch and naps and then we took Amos and Joshua over to the Meridian Temple grounds. The gate was locked which was a bummer because we could not get too close to the Temple but we were able to walk around a little bit.

Amos loved exploring our house and he loved discovering that he could open the doors to our office. He spent a lot of time playing with the doors and running through the room and out the other door. 
Monday morning all of the kids left for school but since Rylee's school starts a little later she was able to spend a little more time with Amos. I set up my laptop and turned on a sesame street show for Amos and told Rylee to pose next to him for a picture. He was super concentrated on the show he was watching. When it was time to take Rylee to the bus Joshua bundled up Amos and walked with us to the bus stop, it was nice to have the added company.
I promised Joshua we could take a tour of the Capital so after Amos took his nap we headed to downtown Boise. Amos did not like being in his stroller and Joshua let him run around, it was quite fun trying to keep up with the little runner.



After the tour we went home so that Joshua could finish packing up their stuff because they were flying home that night. It was a short trip but so much appreciated, I am so glad Joshua was thoughtful enough to come for a visit. It really was just what I needed.