Saturday, March 31, 2018

BYU-I

For spring break I took Kenedy and Avynlea to Rexburg so that we could take a tour of the school so that Kenedy could see it and hopefully get excited. I also wanted her to talk to an advisor about what classes to take and find an apartment. We went with Alison because she had plans to go down to take our red couches to Trista, it worked out great. 
Alison stayed in Idaho Falls to help Trista and Sara came with Avy, Kenedy and I for the tour and to check out apartments.
I liked the tour but I feel like it was too long and it wasn't specifically catered to her and her major like I thought it would be. it was nice to se the campus and some of the places they took us to I have never seen before, like the horticulture gardens. Those were cool to check out
After we were done with the tour we took a group picture with our tour guides and then stopped to get something to eat. We made an appointment to meet with an advisor so we had to quickly eat in order to make our appointment. Meeting with the advisor was the best idea and she gave us some really helpful information about what classes to take and how to register, I came away felling less overwhelmed with Kenedy going to College. 
Once that was done we went to some apartment complexes, took tours and had Kenedy make a decision about where she wanted to live. She chose The Brooklyn apartments and said she felt really good about them while we wee touring the apartment. I think one of the biggest factors in her choosing them was they were the only complex where we toured an actual lived in apartment. All of the other complexes took us through staged apartments. 
We did make a stop at Heritage, my old apartment complex, to get information but also so I could take pictures in front of my old apartments, 217 was first year and 214 was second. Oh the memories being there brought back.


I was pretty surprised that Heritage was now Mens and Womens housing. Also that all the apartments have 2 fridges and free laundry. Where was all of this when I was there!
I wanted a picture of Kenedy in front of the BYU-I sign and had Sara stop when we spotted this one...
But then she took us to an even better one that she knew about.
I was excited to go check out the Kirkham building which is where I spent a lot of my time because that was where most of my dance classes were. I am sad to report that my dreams of reliving my memories were dashed since they no longer have dance classes there. The studio I remember being in the most was filled with lockers and storage, kind of made me sad. 
After our fun time at BYU-I we went back to Idaho Falls so we could meet up with Alison, Trista and Saras boyfriend where we then went to Kuna grill for some really delicious stir fry cooked in front of us. It was a good time with family with some really good food.


While we were gone Kefford took Ryker and two of his friends, Parker and Sam to McCall. They had fun sledding and building snow forts.