Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Cheer Districts and Dog Biscuits

One evening I was hiding in my room from the madness that is family life and looking at filters on my instagram. It was fun playing around with them for a bit.


Kenedy had cheer districts and Meridian High was hosting so we had signups sent around to volunteer to help. I signed up to help with team check in because I could get it done before the competition, get in free and also get there before anyone else and save myself a seat. I don't mind getting up early but Avy and Rylee minded a bit since they had to go with me. Kefford and Ryker had a campout they were at and I did not want to leave Rylee alone at the house for that long since Avynlea had already committed to going with me. Rylee also had a basketball game which was taking place during the competition so I had to leave midway through to take Rylee to her game. Alison came to watch the competition with us and she also came with me to watch Rylee play her game. It started snowing when we were at the competition and was coming down really heavy at the point that we had to leave. I was super grateful Alison was with us because she volunteered to drive her expedition which was a lifesaver since I only had our Pontiac and was worried about the roads. 
We made it back to the competition in time to watch Kenedy's final performance and Kefford was able to get back from his campout to catch the last one as well. Alison had to leave but she was able to watch Kenedy perform which was fun. Kefford, Avy and I stuck around to the end to hear the results. Meridian made it to State in all three of their categories that Kenedy was in, the only one that did not make it was Stunt. I think the girls were pretty happy with their results.
I found some bows for Heather and I which I was really excited about because I have been looking for some good ones at the different competitions.
For Avynlea's life skills class she had to do 4 hours of community service. She decided to make cat toys and dog biscuits for the humane society. Her friend Brooke Williams helped her with the cat toys and Avynlea made the biscuits after finding a recipe on Pinterest. She did a great job and the animals are going to love what she made for them.