Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Golden Birthday Kenedy!

For her 18th Birthday Kenedy wanted to have just her girlfriends over for a night of cake and treats. But she did spare one invitation fora boy, she also invited McKoy because he is her best friend and basically one of the girls. They played a game where one person closes their eyes and has to find a person to touch and then listening to their voice goes who the person is. It was quite comical to watch because McKoy had no chance, one deep voice in a sea of girlie voices and he was doomed form the start no matter how hard he tried.
Kenedy wanted an ice-cream bar instead of a birthday cake so I bought ice cream and a bunch of different candies and toppings for them to choose from for the toppings. I also made a double batch of brownies to use for their ice-cream base if they wanted.
Once all of the girls arrived they visited, ate their ice-cream creations and then Kenedy opened her presents. Most of her friends were on the same page and she got a lot of bath salts and bombs, they must know of her love of baths.

Lauryn and Ashlynn chipped in a brought her a shark head, she will have a lot of fun with that up at college!

top row: Bri and McKoy
middle row: Lauryn, Sophie, Makayla, Megan, Kelsey and Anna
bottom row: Lyndsey, Audrey, Carlee, Kenedy, Hannah and Sammy
Kenedy had a paper due a midnight that night that she needed to finish so while the party was going on she tried her best to work on it. 
Procrastination
The next morning, Sunday, was Kenedy's Golden Birthday day. She turned 18 on the 18th in the year 2018!
 Kenedy first opened her card from Grandma Bonnie. 
Some of her favorite candy and a $20. I told Kenedy once you turn 18 you stop getting money according to age and just get a $20, she seemed totally fine with that.
Kenedy's big birthday gift were a pair of Jordans that had not arrived by her birthday so she just had a few really small gifts to open that day. I bought her some pans I found on the Way-Mart clearance table to take to college and I also bought her some gel pens. She likes to doodle during sacrament meeting and is always asking if she could use my pens. I do not like to let my pens be borrowed by anyone because that is when I start losing them and never see them again so I bought her some of her own.
For dinner I made Kenedy her favorite, Chicken Bruschetta Pasta, so delicious! I made a double batch so that she could have leftovers for lunch the next day.
I made her a chocolate cake so she could blow out her 18 candle.

Later we got a knock on the door and it was Bishop Danny Ricks stopping by after all of his church meetings to wish Kenedy a Happy Birthday. We all enjoyed having him over and I managed to sneak some photos of Kefford and Danny talking together. 

Kenedy's Favorite Things
Food: Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
Dessert: Almond Joy Brownies
Candy: Reese's PB Cups
Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Church Song: Nearer My God to Thee
Friend: Mckoy 
Scripture Story: 2,000 Stripling Warriors 
Color: Blue
Thing to do: Eat
School Subject: Education Assistant
5 things i love about Kenedy:
  1. When our Ward split and we were put in a new Ward Kenedy decided that once she turned 18 that she wanted to be done with Young Womens and move on to Relief Society. If we would have stayed in our old ward Kenedy would have stayed with Young Womens until Graduation but since she is with a brand new group she just wants to be done and I do not blame her. Kefford and I convinced Kenedy to get a calling in the primary rather then go to Young Womens and I love that they gave her a calling in the nursery and that she loves it. She enjoys being with those little ones and looks forward to it every Sunday, I always loved being in the Nursery and am a little envious of her new calling. 
  2. I love so much that Kenedy is willing to drive for me. I really do not like to drive and I feel that I have to do it a lot, especially after school getting my kids to and from their different activities. When Kenedy is home she is usually willing to do the dropping off and picking up and that just makes me so happy.
  3. I think Kenedy is sooo pretty and I love how she has learned to do her make-up so well. It never looks too much and it is really flattering the way she does it. She has asked me to help her with her make-up for fancy dances but I think she is way more qualified then I am. I think she is just as beautiful without make-up as well.
  4. I love that Kenedy wants to go to college to be a teacher. She has had this desire for a long time and it is exciting to see her working towards this goal. This semester she is taking a teachers assistant class and she gets to help out at Rylee's elementary school every other day. She loves going and it is getting her a taste of what her job will be like after college. Pretty cool.
  5. I will always say how much I love Kenedy's testimony because it impresses me all the time. She is light years ahead in her conviction that I was at her age and it makes me so happy to see her doing things that bring the Spirit into her life. One of my favorite reasons for being called into Young Womens this last half a year was because I had the opportunity to hear Kenedy bear her testimony and it is amazing.