Thursday, December 29, 2016

Seattle

When I found out that Kefford had the entire week off after Christmas I tried talking him into taking me to California. He was not as into the idea as I was, he did not want to drive for 14 hours to get down there. He knew I was missing my family and so he said why don't we go and visit Joshua and Mallory and their new baby. I was keen on that and we left on Monday to drive to Seattle. His Uncle Mark lives in between us and them and we took a break from the drive to stop in and visit him and Debbie. Keffords cousin Tiffany was there with her daughter Allie and it was fun to visit with all of them for a couple of hours. 
We made it to Seattle about 2:30 and had to drive around a bit because we got there sooner then expected and Joshua was out running errands with his family. 
Finally we were able to get to his house and see my new nephew Amos. 
We were all smitten and had a lot of fun holding him and loving him. He is so cute and a pretty chill baby which was nice.


I woke up early tuesday morning and when I came downstairs to use the bathroom I saw Mallory on the couch with Amos. I offered to hold him so she could get back to bed and I was really happy when she took me up on that offer. I had a couple of hours of holding my nephew and I loved every minute of it. While they were sleeping I changed his diaper and fed him his bottle too, it was baby heaven!
We wanted to explore downtown Seattle a bit and once everyone was up, dressed and fed, we headed out to Pike Place Market. It was different from what I expected but not bad, just different. We went to the fish sellers who throw the fish around and it was fun to watch them call out and throw the fish.


We were also taken to the famous gum wall which was disgusting. It is the practice and tradition of people to put their chewed up gum on this wall and it was covered. About a year ago the city came through and cleaned it all off but that didn't stop the people. They just started over and covered  the wall again with their disgusting gum. I took some pictures of the kids and then I had to get out of there, it was grossing me out. 



We enjoyed walking around but it was pretty cold and that part was not too fun. We decided that we would shave to come back again sometime this summer when it is warmer and we would be able to see more without feeling.
On our way back to Joshua's we drove by Seattles Space Needle. Nobody wanted to get out to look at it so I opened the sunroof and took a picture out that. I thought that was pretty clever of me!
Kefford spotted a Ferrari dealership on his was back and had to make a stop so he could go in and get some pictures.



We decided to leave early Wednesday morning. It was a short trip but we did not want to overstay our welcome and Kefford was really worried about the roads on the way home. A big storm was passing through and they were predicting really ugly roads for driving. We definitely wanted to avoid all of that. Since we were leaving so early I made sure to get some pictures of Kenedy and Ryker with Amos since I hadn't already done it.
joshua decided to try a new look with his mustache, he makes me laugh a lot!


The next morning we got up pretty early and got ready to head out. Mallory wanted a picture with Amos and out entire family so we made sure to do that before we left.
I am grateful that we got to spend time with Joshua, Mallory and especially baby Amos. hopefully it can happen again soon!