Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dentist Appointments

On the first day of Christmas Break Avy and Rylee had to go see the Dentist for some cavity fillings. Rylee got really numb and had half a smile for the rest of the day while Avynlea was not affected at all. Crazy. They did a good job getting their teeth worked on but I hope they are better about flossing in the future. I tell them every night but it is up to them to actually do it.

Tuesday Kenedy had her wisdom teeth pulled. She wanted to be put under for the procedure because it is the new thing with youtube and all the social media to film the kids waking up because the anesthesia makes them loopy and say and do weird things. Kenedy was just going to be numbed up though because we were having our Dentist do it and it is a lot cheaper to not be put under. He did give her some pills to take before hand to calm her down and make her less anxious. 
On the way to the office I caught Kenedy taking some selfies so I took a picture of her. I also took a before picture anticipating puffy chipmunk cheeks when she was done.
I thought this was going to take a long time and was pleasantly surprised when they finished after only an hour. Dr Hendrickson said it was an easy removal, three of her teeth came out no problem but the fourth had to be broken in half and even that was no problem. I thought Kenedy looked cute chilling out in the chair with the sunglasses on. 
The after pictures..not chipmunky at all and she couldn't close her mouth because of the gauze.
The medication she took made her super chatty and it was funny listening to her try to talk and so I recorded her trying to talk to me on the way home. Here she is trying to smile and make duck lips.
Kenedy came through the removal with super ease. She didn't have any swelling and I gave her some advil that night and made her take one the next morning but that was it for her. She really did not have a lot of pain. She even had some friends over that night. Easy peasy. She did have a little bit of excess bleeding and I found video of her on my phone of her spitting lots of blood out of her mouth, it is pretty gross. 
Kenedy had a lot of cheer events going on this month and I copied the pictures that were posted from the assembly, cheer parties and volunteer stuff. 
Busy little cheer bee