Saturday, May 31, 2014

TableRock Hiking with Family

Ryker, Avynlea, Rylee and I have been going every Saturday morning on our hike to TableRock. This third time we went Gwen and her kids came along with us. Kefford didn't come because he had things he wanted to get done around the house. Kenedy did not come because she was "Kidnapped" by the Varsity cheerleaders for a team bonding breakfast at IHOP. They were supposed to arrive between 5 and 6 and so I slept on the couch so that I could hear them when they came and hopefully keep them from waking up the other girls. Kefford and Ryker were in the backyard sleeping in the tent and the three girls were sleeping in the Family room. I did not get a whole lot of sleep that night because I kept waking up to check the time and wonder when they were coming and trying to figure out how to do this without waking up the other girls. When 6:00 came and went without any cheerleaders arriving I figured maybe I misunderstood the email and tried to go back to sleep. At 7:00 i heard a car pull up and then a knock on the door. It was one of the cheerleaders apologizing for being so late saying they didn't wake up in time. We went in and woke up Kenedy and I sent her on her way in her pajamas with her wallet. She was pretty confused about what was happening but went willingly. 
Meridian High Cheerleaders Breakfast Bonding in Pajamas


Since it was 7:00 I didn't worry anymore about the girls waking up which they did. I told Gwen we were going to leave our house around 9 and at 7:45 I got a text saying they were about ready to leave. I waited as long as I could for Kenedy to get back so she could go with us but when the time hit 8:55 I just had to go so we would not be late. Halfway there I got a text from Kenedy saying she was home. If I could have only waited 10 more minutes. :( 

We had so much fun hiking with Gwen and her kids. It is a fun hike in and of itself  but add in cousins and it makes it even more fun. The kids quickly paired off with Ryker and Bailey quickly taking a far lead and Avynlea and Mikayla not too far behind. Rylee and Ally stayed with us on the way up but on the way down everyone was spread out in their pairs with me and Gwen behind everyone. At the top the kids had a lot of fun exploring and showing their cousins the fun little caves to climb up and through. 









After we got back down we parked on warm springs road to walk the street and check out all the yard sales happening. The street is filled with really nice houses and one of them is even a smaller version of a castle, seriously! That is one house I want to tour so badly! We didn't buy anything because unfortunately these rich people did not have any good items that we wanted to buy. Rich peoples yard sale items look just like normal peoples yard sale items. Not at all impressive, I was disappointed.