Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mothers Day

I didn't get any pictures of me with my kids on Mothers Day. I had plans to and I really wanted to but we were on a busy schedule and never got around to it. That is OK though there will be other opportunities. :) 
I woke up early on Mothers Day, about 6, because my body likes to do that to me. It would be nice to be able to sleep in but I have found the positive in that normally I wake up at 6:30 and I can then read my scriptures and the Ensign or General Conference talks before my kids wake up and we have to get the day going. I have found that I don't mind so much waking up early anymore because it has been enabling me to get a great start on my day. So I woke up and did my reading and Kefford got the kids up to make me breakfast. It was making me laugh because I could hear them shushing each other saying that I was sleeping and they needed to be quiet. Haha here I am wide awake lying in bed!

Finally the kids brought me some breakfast which was french toast which is my favorite. They all brought me cards they had made and then gave me some gifts. I got a Little Mermaid T-shirt, an electric sander, a stuffed Olaf (love!) and a Nike+ FuelBand. Not too bad. Ryker also had his Dad buy me some red roses which was really sweet.

After church we went out to the farm to celebrate the day with his family. I had a lot of fun being with my in-laws and really enjoy my time out there. We went and visited with His Grandma Marge for a little bit and on the way from her house to his parents Rylee got to drive the car.
The kids all got to play with their cousins which they are always excited about. Ryker and Bailey were playing on the baby swing and so I sent Sara out with my camera to take some pictures. They are silly boys and I love how close they are with each other.


While at church one of my friends in the ward who is a cake decorator was subbing in my nursery. She casually mentioned that she had an extra cake and wondered if anyone would be interested in it. I of course volunteered to take it off her hands and was really excited when she showed up later with it. It was decorated so pretty and it tasted even better. So glad that we could be the recipients of this cake!


I am so grateful to be a Mom. It is such a tough job but I would not trade it for anything. My kids show me so much love and I learn so much from them on how to be a better person. Their willingness to forgive my shortcomings is such an example to me and I love them so much! So happy and thankful for my four amazing kids!