Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hike to TableRock

Saturday morning I had the last minute idea to take the kids on a hike up to TableRock. I have heard people talking about it and have always wanted to do it. I was not a bit hesitant to take the kids since they did so good at the fun run. I did wonder if this would be too much for them though. Kenedy was going to the Temple to do baptisms for the dead so she opted out and Kefford stayed home to get some other stuff done. So it was just me, Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee. After stopping at the store for some water bottles we headed out to the other side of Boise to go on this hike. 

We picked the trail that I thought was the easier trail but turned out to be the harder trail. Oops. No worries though the kids and I did great! There was no complaining, there was no saying they wanted to quit they just hiked. We hiked and talked and had a lot of fun. It was the perfect day to hike because we had such a nice cool breeze blowing on us the entire time. We got sweaty but not bad sweaty and we were not too hot because of that nice breeze. Once we made it to the top we enjoyed looking out over Boise, it was such a beautiful view!



Ryker went hiking up to TableRock before with his Scout troop and so he showed us around and where the little caves were. After we had enough he took us on this little trail to get back to the original trail to go back down the mountain but this trail he took us on was really sketchy and not all that safe. Especially for my girl with the broken arm. We made it through and decided to not take Rykers advice on trails ever again. :)


This is our before picture.
At one point Avy needed a rest and so I stayed with her while Ryker and Rylee kept on walking. I was so excited to look up at them a minute later and see them holding hands. How cute is that? So precious.






Ryker and Avynlea both about fell off the mountain but were saved just in time.
Just kidding they were standing on a hidden ledge.

At the end of the hike I asked them if they would do this again with me and all three of them without hesitation said yes. I was so happy and have decided that more hikes to TableRock are in our future!