Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dance Recitals!

Last Thursday and Friday we had Dance Recitals! So fun to get to this time of year to see all of our hard work pay off. This year, unfortunately, we were on different days. Avynlea and I performed our dances on Thursday and Rylee danced hers on Friday. On Thursday night it was just me and Avynlea dancing with Ryker, Rylee, Kefford and my friend Kathy Caroca and her daughter Francis in the audience watching. Kenedy was at her NJHS ceremony and could not make it. She really wanted to come but really wanted to go to the ceremony since she missed it last year. I knew she needed to go and we record the dances so I told her to go ahead and go. 

Avynlea did such a good job on her dances and I think I did a good job on mine. I love dancing and I am so glad my girls are learning to love it as much as I do. Avynlea did her hiphop dance to Despicable Me and her jazz dance was to Mordu from the Disney movie Brave. She is so cute to watch on stage and really loves to perform. After she was done I gave her some flowers which she loved. 


I am assistant teacher for Avynleas class as well as a pre-teen hiphop and jazz class and a Kinderbaby class. Our Kinderbabies were so cute and danced to A Hawaiian song from Lilo and Stitch. They also were tooth fairies in the feature ballet and danced to "the tooth fairy loves ballet". This year all of the ballet classes did a feature ballet doing The Rise of the Guardians. It was so fun and done so well. I loved watching it and seeing how much like the movie it was. The toothfairies in the movie get taken away by the nightmares and so at the end of this dance the nightmares came in and picked them up and took them away. During dress rehearsal this girl who does not cry easily must admit to getting a bit teary eyed watching my cute Kinderbabies get taken away. It was my favorite part of the ballet.
Dakota, Christiana, Lauren, Aulora,
Darby, Kinley, Annalise and Khloe
(Lilo and Stitch Hawaiian Dance)


Darby, Khloe, Dakota, Kinley, Christiana,
Lauren, Aulora and Annalise
(ToothFairy Dance)

Rylee got her turn to perform on Friday night. In the audience watching were Me, Avynlea, Ryker and Kenedy. Kefford had to go to Baker that day and could not get back in time to make it. It was a disappointment but he could watch it later so it was not a big deal. Rylee did her jazz dance to the song "My heart goes boom, boom, boom". I am not sure who it is by. It was such a cute dance and Rylee was so sassy. Her second dance was in the feature ballet. She was one of the kids who do not believe in the Easter Bunny. They danced to "the age of not believing" which is from the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Melissa who put together the music for the ballet did such a fantastic job making it all fit to the story. Rylee was adorable and I loved watching her. It was fun to see her perform in this cool ballet. This was my ultimate favorite part of the ballet because of how good Rylee was. She wore her Easter dress from last year and got to use her Easter Basket. I thought that was great seeing as how I only had to pay for one Rylee recital costume. 


After taking her picture Rylee wanted to take my picture. Um Ok :)
At the beginning of May we had Dance pictures taken and we got the cd the night of the recital. I loved how they did it this year. Instead of getting a cd with all of the pictures on it which is useless and a pain wading through all the pictures trying to find our own, we got a cd with only our pictures on it, so convenient.
Despicable Me
The Age of Not Believing 
My Heart Goes Boom, Boom, Boom



Kennedy, Brooke, Reese, Avynlea, Halle, Brynlee
Olivia, Norah, Sydney, Allyson and Navee
Halee, Norah, Sydney, Allyson, Navee, Brynlee
Kennedy, Brooke, Reese, Olivia and Avynlea
Genevieve, Rylee, Olivia,
Makayla and Reese
Olivia, Genevieve, Reese, Rylee and Makayla
Mordu