Saturday, May 31, 2014

Spring Piano Recital

Wednesday the 28th was Ryker, Avynlea, and Rylees spring piano recital. They worked really hard on the songs they were performing and did such a great job. Kenedy had Mutual that night so she missed out.
Ryker was up first and he played "Frozen Heart" from the movie "Frozen". He had practiced so much that he had this long song memorized. He said that he was thinking about singing along with his playing and asked me if he should. I said I haven't heard him practice with the singing and was not sure that he should do it. He opted not too and his playing sounded just fine without the added singing. I loved watching him play and thought he did such a great job, so proud of him!

Rylee played "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" and she too did a really good job. She couldn't stop moving during her performance and it was really cute seeing her playing her song while nodding her head and swaying. Her first year of playing the piano has been a success and I am really glad that she has started learning. She is well on her way to being a great pianist!

Avynlea was supposed to be playing a different song but then she broke her arm. I wasn't sure what to do and so I called her piano teachers Mom and she said that she actually has a special piano book for kids with broken arms. So Avynlea played "Broken Arm Blues" and it was a special one-handed song for kids with a broken arm. Avynlea also practiced this song so much that she had it memorized. She gave her music to her teacher just in case and then proceeded to play one-handed the heck out of that song. She did so good and looked so cute with that one arm!

So proud of all my kids and their willingness to learn the piano. They fight me sometimes but hearing them play in the recitals makes it all worth it!