Saturday, May 31, 2014

Field Trip!

Last week Avynlea and I went on a walk around the neighborhood. We were talking about some land that we wanted to buy and I was telling her that there was a lady who lived close to it who owned a lot of animals. I let her know that this lady had told Kefford that the kids were more then welcome to go and visit her animals any time they wanted. Avynlea was getting so excited about this and her grin was getting bigger and bigger. I was naming different animals that she might own and Avy was squealing with so much glee. Finally she begged me to stop she said that if I didn't stop she was going to bust with happiness. She was so funny and really looked like she was going to turn inside out with happiness. My Avy is such an animal lover and it was so cute to see her react so strongly at the possibility of living so close to lots of animals. She is adorable!

Friday I went with Avynleas class on her field trip to the MK Nature Center. Miss Hixon had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would be willing to go with them to help and I was totally OK with that idea. What I did not realize was that I was the only parent coming along with the class. All of the first grade classes went and when it was time to split into groups to go on their different tours I was left with 15 first graders! These kids are cute but a little crazy, it was hard to keep them together and quiet and listening. Our tour guide was super patient and really sweet and we got through the hour and a half tour without too much trouble. 

I am glad that I got to go so I could take pictures of Rylee, that is always a good thing for me! :)




Miss Christine (our tour guide) had the kids dig through the compost pile to find some worms. The kids were not having too much success at first but after some good digging they managed to find a few. I dug in it with a stick and found a couple and was happy that I had that stick so no compost got in my hands. Rylee found a worm and was so proud I had to take a picture with her holding it.



After the tour we went to the park so the kids could play while we waited for the other half of first graders to go through the tour. Three classes went in immediately while two classes went to the park and then halfway through we switched places. It was 12 and we were not going to eat our lunches until 1 but the kids were so hungry and so we ate lunch earlier then planned. I was happy for that situation because I was getting pretty hungry myself. After we ate the kids played some more and I was getting so tired. I was really glad when it was time to go so that I could get home and take a nap. 

Very happy to be with Rylee on her field trip, she is lots of fun to be with and makes me happy!