Saturday, May 24, 2014

Golf Date

Last Saturday Jeremy called to see if Kefford and I wanted to go golfing with him and Gwen that evening. I was not about to pass up an opportunity to hang out with them and we said yes. They were thinking about going to the Ontario Golf Course but we were not up to driving for an hour and a half and so Kefford found one in Caldwell that was more in the middle. 

I am not a golfer, at all, and the one time I have gone was super bored and did not have a lot of fun. This time I decided to have fun no matter what and to really try to learn the sport. Is golf a sport? Jeremy brought me Baileys clubs to use and Kefford was really good to tell me which one to use at what time. Jeremy and Kefford both gave me really good pointers and were really helpful. I actually hit the ball and did really good for me. We only played 9 holes which was good because by the time the 7th hole came around I was going down hill really fast with my hitting and was getting a headache. I was pretty much over by this time. Not because I wasn't having fun I just had a headache from lack of food and that was not fun.
Driving around in golf carts is really fun and I want Kefford to get me one so I can drive around the neighborhood in it. I would look really cute and it would be a really good investment. ;) I had to laugh when we crossed at the crosswalk in our golf carts.
I took some pictures of Kefford hitting the ball. In the pictures that it shows him swinging yet the ball remains grounded that is because he was taking his practice swings. He is really good, rusty maybe because he has not done it in a few years, but I could see how good he is. 


I like that I took all these pictures of Kefford yet when I asked him to get pictures of me golfing he took, one, of my backside. Into photography or capturing memories this one is not. Oh, and also my ball remains on the ground even though I was swinging because I too was taking a practice swing. I was forced to do that a lot by Kefford. He claims it is helpful. 
I was playing with the cutest little lavender golf ball that Kefford bought me. I was doing good with spotting it and keeping it safe until I hit it into super long grass by a canal. I was so sad thinking my ball was lost forever but Gwen saved the day and found my ball! She would be a good one to take along on an easter egg hunt as the egg spotter. I was so happy she found my special ball.

After our game we went out to eat and we requested to sit outside, it was a really nice evening. Wouldn't you know five minutes after sitting down the wind gusted up and it picked up my laminated menu and smacked me in the face with it! Yeah it hurt, a lot! Thanks a lot Mother Nature! So we went back inside and ate indoors. Food was good, company was good and hopefully we can do it again! Always happy to get out and do things with family!