Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Times

Saturday May 24th we went out to the Farm for Tristas Graduation BBQ. We got there early enough that it gave the kids time to play with their cousins! Yay! Before we went I needed to do the girls hair since it was a little messy because we hiked again to TableRock. I am trying to make it a Saturday morning tradition this summer and am glad that we are already on a roll. I did not take pictures this time round but probably next time I might do it.  
Anyway I was doing Rylees hair and since she has bangs I very lightly flatiron them so that they lay nice and not all wonky. When I ran the flatiron through, the result, before I combed them out was pretty funny. I told her I was going to leave them that way and she said Ok. I took a picture and then combed them out so she wouldn't look so silly even though she apparently wouldn't have minded so much. I think she just wanted to show the neighbors her funny hair.
Once we got out to the farm the kids immediately found cousins to play with. Always a happy thing. 

Rylee read stories to Audrey and Jenna.

Avynlea had to hold Sadie who is getting big way too fast.

While Kenedy took James to hold.
Later that evening we went to Tristas Graduation BBQ which was fun to hang out with family. When Ryker and Avynlea found out that we were going to Nyssa they immediately started asking if they could stay the night. Once they called their Grandma and got her OK I said it would be fine. When Rylee found out about this plan she was not happy at all. A lot of crying might have started happening. She was only consoalable once we told her that we would ask Kelsey if Brielle could spend the night with us. We got that confirmed and all was right in the world. Phew! During the day at the Farm Kenedy and Mikayla asked if Mikayla could come home with us and stay the night. I was fine with that and so we left Ryker and Avynlea but brought home Mikayla and Brielle. Brielle was staying two days since Kelsey and his family were not going to the graduation. We planned on taking her home on Monday.  
The next day we left church early so that we could go to Tristas graduation. We dropped the kids off at Grandmas house so Kenedy could watch over them while they played with cousins some more. Kefford and I got a ride with Jeremy and Gwen into the graduation. After that was over we went back to the house for lunch and to relax and visit. It was a good day. 
The next day being Memorial Day I had the kids clean up the bathrooms and their rooms with the promise that if they did we could go to Sonic for Happy Hour and get half price slushes. They did a pretty good job and got their work done while listening to Newsies, surprise, surprise. :) Kefford had to take a fridge into work and we needed to take Brielle home so we all went with him to Emmett and the kids and I hung out at Brits for a little bit while Kefford, Ryker and Kelsey took the fridge into work. On our way home we stopped for the promised slushies and everyone was happy. We did not do the typical Memorial Day things which was fine with us. Later that evening Kefford and I went on a date for Chinese food and to watch the newest X-Men movie. Any time spent together is good time. I was so happy to come home later to the kids in bed and a clean house. So thankful for my kids and for all that they do!
Mom sent me these two pictures with a Happy Memorial Day text accompaining them. I don't think I have any pictures of my Dads grave and I know I don't have any of my Grandma and Grandpas so I downloaded them so I could have them. I am glad that she sent them and if I were in California I would have gone with her to put flowers on their graves, I really wish I could have.