Thursday, December 26, 2013

Painting Pottery

Every year the kids get new ornaments and this year I decided it would be fun to take them to the pottery painting shop and have them paint their own ornaments. I let the kids pick out whichever one they wanted and they got to work.



Ryker picked out this spiral ornament which happened to be the last one in the shop. He painted it and got all done and placed it by the fan to dry. Another kid who was in the shop painting was walking by and accidently knocked the ornament off and it fell on the floor and broke. It was a bummer but Ryker took it in stride and accept the round ball replacement. Unfortunately by that time, he was over the painting and did a slap dash job on the new ornament. What can you do?


Kefford had a Donald Duck mug that broke recently and so I painted him a new mug. I put the BatMan symbol on one side and K+E on the other. It turned out really cool!
While there I found four cute little penguins all in different poses and I had the kids paint one each. It was fun to see their personalities come out in how they painted their own penguin.












When I went to pick up the ornaments a couple days later the owner was just getting them out of the kiln. He had me help tie ribbons on the ornaments and of course while I was doing Avynleas it slipped out of my hands and broke. Gaaaaaahhhh. He was so nice about it and gave me another ornament so that I could bring her in some other time to redo it free of charge. I took her in the next day and she had fun doing it again and said she liked her second one better! It was a fun time and all the kids said they would love to do it again!