Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Tree Decorating

The Monday after thanksgiving Kefford and I got out our Christmas Tree and all the decorations while the kids were in school. We had the tree all set up and ready to go when they came home so that they could put on their ornaments. Rylee was the first to dig into the boxes of decorations and very quickly found her box of ornaments. The rest of the kids were quick to follow suit.





This hat was one of the prizes that the kids earned from their fundraiser. Rylee has been the one wearing it the most but I think both the girls enjoyed trying it on.

Rylee got to be the one to put the tree topper on this year. Last year I bought a Tinker Bell tree topper to start using because it reminded me of my family. Kefford was really bummed about me trying to replace the star one that we have been using thus far. I did not realize how attached he was to the star topper, it was something that reminded him of his family. I told him this year to go ahead and put his star on and that I could find another use for Tinker Bell. He decided that it was fine to use the Tinker Bell and that maybe every year trade off which topper gets used. Although he went ahead and had Rylee put Tink up because he did not now where the extension cord was for the star. The next day as I was unloading more boxes I found the cord and decided to do a compromise and use both toppers.









Our tree looks really full with all of the decorations but I love it so much. It has pieces of all of us on it. Avynlea and Rylee put up a lot of Kefford and my childhood ornaments and it was fun for them to pull them out and me tell them about my memories associated with them. I love Christmas!

Compromise! See how everyone wins!