Monday, December 2, 2013

Black Friday!

After reading over all of the sale adds and making a list and formulating a shopping plan Emily, Stephanie and I headed out to do some Black Friday shopping. We left on Thursday at 5:30ish because Wal-mart had its sales starting at 6:00. I thought that was really rude of them and don't understand why the stores just can't stick to the original Black Friday Traditions. You know the tradition of opening early on Friday morning. But they had there sales starting at 6 and there were things we needed to get so off we went. We were kind of worried about going into Wal-Mart because of all the crazies but it actually was OK. We stayed away from the electronics area and grabbed what we needed and got out. We were in and out in under 20 minutes. After Wal-Mart we headed over to wait in line at Target. Target did not open until 8:00 so we had a much longer wait. Luckily we grabbed some blankets and I bought us all Hot Chocolate and so it wasn't too bad. I tried taking pictures of us waiting but am disappointed by how dark they are. Darn flash not doing its job! We were in Target for about 20 minutes and again got everything we needed. We were fast so we did not have to wait in the loooong lines.
Emily and Stephanie

Elizabeth

After Target we drove across the street to Staples to grab the item Kefford wanted there and then we went to Old Navy. Old Navy was crazy crowded and after grabbing what we wanted we stood in the check out line for a good hour and a half. That was a long line! We got home at about 10:30 and were very happy with our shopping successes. 

The next morning we got up at 5:00 so we could go to Fred Meyer for the annual sock sale. I love that sock sale and make sure I always go to stock up on socks for the family. After that we headed over to JoAnns to get flannel for pillowcases and pajamas. With flannel 75% off we were not about to miss that sale. Unfortunately the wait for the cutting counter was crazy ridiculous! We waited about 2 hours for our material to be cut. Yikes! Luckily the line to purchase our stuff was not long at all. I was super happy and decided the line was worth it when I saw the total of my purchases. I saved over a hundred dollars and got so much material for not a whole lot of money. I was one happy camper. When we were finally done there we stopped in at ShopKo where I got pillows for an amazing deal and then drove over to The Dollar Tree so Emily could run in to grab some items.

After all of this fun we headed home to rest and take a well deserved nap!

 In the afternoon all of the Men went shopping and I really loved this picture that Matt sent me.
Viking Andrew, Duck Dynasty Kefford and Viking Kirk

Later that day I pinned together my material to make my kids pillowcases and then I stitched them all together and, Voila, my kids had new, super cute, winter pillowcases. They all loved their material and were so excited to have new pillows and new pillowcases! After I was done with the sewing machine Emily made her kids their new pillowcases and those turned out super cute also! So much fun that we could do this together!
(thanks to Ryker and Isabelle for taking these pillowcase photos!)
Rylee
Avynlea
Isabelle
Ben
Ryker

Kenedy