Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin Carving


I was in charge of one of the crafts at our Super Saturday and did not even think about the fact that I could be busy with that as I signed up for all the other fun crafts. So the morning of I decided to bring Kenedy along and I am so glad I did because she was a huge help. This was one of the crafts she did for me and I love how they turned out! I also love the idea that every year as I put them out she will remember that she did them and have joy in that thought!
We got our pumpkins again from the farm and on the Monday before Halloween we did our carving. Rylee wanted to paint her pumpkin again although she insisted on having the top cut off and the guts scooped out. Avynlea drew out her design and I cut it for her, Ryker drew his and Kefford cut it out and this year Kenedy drew and cut her own pumpkin. Awesome! We had a lot of fun carving while listening to Halloween music and drinking Hot Chocolate!



This smile of Kenedys took me right back to when she was 5 years old. This is the fake smile I would usually get from her when trying to take her picture. So nostalgic to see the smile return.















The kids realized that it was OK to eat pumpkin and decided to try it out. They actually liked it and occasionally I would catch one of them having a snack of pumpkin.