Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another Happy Halloween

Wednesday, the night before Halloween we wet over to the church to attend a Halloween Carnival the Young Women put on for the Primary. We have been counseled to do more Missionary Work and so I tried to put my fears behind me and invite our neighbors who have two little girls to go to the carnival with us. They said they would think about it and let us know. I never heard back so I assumed they were not interested, it was a bummer but at least I tried.

I was really impressed with this Carnival it was a lot of fun for the kids and really well put together. One of the things they did was a cake walk. Avynlea won and chose a cupcake with black frosting that turned her entire mouth black...not so pretty.
It took a while for Rylee to land on the right number and she was getting a little sad about it.
FInally her number was called and she too chose a cupcake with black frosting. Se does not have as many teeth so it wasn't quite as gross on her. 
Kitty Cat Rylee with her friend Hello Kitty Gretchen


Kenedy and her friend Emilee were not good at all about cooperating for a picture. Eventually I gave up and moved on.


The week of Halloween was Red Ribbon Week and Halloween day was crazy hair day. Rylee originally wanted me to put socks in her hair but I couldn't quite catch her vision even after her trying to explain it to me. Finally we did four pony tails and called it good. I did add Halloween ribbon to make it more festive. Avynlea got a Braided Faux Hawk and it turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head.


Kids picked out what they wanted to be and I did my best to execute their ideas. 
Rylee wanted to be a Kitty Cat so I bought black tights and a black shirt. I made the tutu and added fake fur to the t-shirt and then made the ears and tail out of the fake fur. She loved it and I even got a thank you note from her thanking me for making her a beautiful costume. So sweet!
Ryker wanted to be a Ninja and I kept it super simple.  I bought black sweats and tied red material around his waist, arms and legs. He loved it!
Avynlea chose to be a Hippie this year. I bought a shirt and tie dyed it and then realized from her sad face that she totally wanted ot get in on the tie dyeing and so I had her help tie dye the bandanna. I decorated her jeans and shirt with jewels and words and bought her some funky glasses which she did not like all that much. No big deal. She looked like a really cute Hippie.

Kenedy wanted to do her own thing and she turned herself into Batgirl using my stuff. At east she was happy!





I took the younger three trick or treating while Kefford stayed home to answer the door and put together Rykers new dresser. Kenedy went with her friends and had a lot of fun. It was a great night with lots of candy and I am excited to see what next year brings!