Sunday, February 1, 2009

winter sledding

Yeaterday was the day I have been dreading for some time now. The day of the annual ym/yw sledding trip. I do not like being cold and the thought of being out in the cold for hours and possibly getting hurt made me tremble in fear. I forced myself to get up that day and get ready. I borrowed Keffords long John underwear and thought it looked really funny. I wore it around the house and asked the kids if they like it. I was kinda shocked to discover that for the first time they were appalled and embarrassed by me. I was teasing them by telling them we were going to go to the store and Kenedy and Ryker would not budge, they said no way until I changed into something more presentable! I finally put on my snow stuff and after I made sure I was bundled up enough left for the trip. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I didn't go sledding because I did not want to get hurt and so I hung around the fire with some of the other leaders. The sun made an appearance for a little while but once I commented on it it went back into hiding. Me and my big mouth! It was fun to watch the kids do their thing but once my toes started to numb up from the cold I knew I needed to get us out of there. Overall it was a lot better then I feared and I might do it again next year!
Lindsey, Stephanie and Natalie. A couple of our Young Women on the drive to the hill.

Poor Courtney dig a backwards flip off the sled and plowed over Lindsey getting a bloody nose in the process. Glad it was not me!
Me and Denise, my friend and one of the leaders.
Here I am! I went on the trip and didn't complain too much about it! (: