Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Kenedy!

Kenedy started out her big day by me allowing her to open one present that came in the mail from her Grandma Lutes. Kenedy was really excited to open the package and find money and candy bars.
Kenedy kept saying that she wanted us to go to Red Robin for her birthday but I had Young Women's to go to that night and Kefford had Elders Quorum business to attend to so that was not possible. I decided to send the kiddos to their friends houses and I went to the school and "kidnapped" Kenedy to take her out to lunch just the two of us. I bought a Happy Birthday crown that I told her she had to wear and she finally did. But took it off after a while because it was hurting her head.
While we were there I gave her the Baptism book that I completed and she thought it was really great. She liked all of the pictures but said that she would look at it another time to read what was written.
Of course I had to have the Red Robin staff come and sing to Kenedy. She thought that was fun and loved the sundae that she got to eat.
Me and the birthday girl! Love this kid!!
As we were leaving she told me how much fun she had and then thanked me. We stopped in at Krispy Kreme to take doughnuts back for her class.
Later that day I picked up a pizza for dinner and we had that with a salad. Afterwards we let Kenedy open her presents. Here is her quilt that I made for her! She loves it!
Kenedy with her gifts, quilt from Mom, Easy Bake oven from Avynlea, Easy Bake foods from Rylee, and Wii gift card from Ryker. Keffords birthday gift to Kenedy and Avynlea is the bunkbed! Grandma Alison came by when Kenedy got out of school and gave her a visa cash card, chapsticks, tootsie rolls and a money holder.
Kenedy wanted a chocolate cake with the Disney Fairies on top. So I bought some miniature toy Fairies from Target and then green edible glitter and flower candies. I think it turned out really cute. Kenedy thought it was great and her opinion is the one that counts! I also got candle sparklers and those were really fun. I thought they were going to be like the fourth of July sparklers but they weren't. They were subtle but still pretty cool!Lighting the candles. Kenedy was nervous about the sparklers and stayed pretty back until we realized they were not that bad.
Birthday girl and her Daddy
Make a wish!

It was a fun day for Kenedy and we sure are glad that she is in our family. We really love her and love watching her grow.