Saturday, February 21, 2009

Busy day!

Yesterday I took Kenedy to the Dr. for her 9 year well child check up. She did great and her stats are.. Height 54 inches (75%) Weight 55 1/2 (20%) and Blood Pressure 98/74 As you can see she is very tall and quite slim. This is normal for Kenedy and the Dr. had no concerns. Kenedy did get the second half of her Chicken Pox vaccine and although she did say ouch she was really brave and acted like it was no big deal! Good girl!
After Ryker got home he and Avynlea took advantage of the nicer day and went into the backyard. Yes it is quite Ghetto but that is because we killed off the grass last fall so that we could put better grass in this spring. Ryker does not want grass put in because it will take away his ability to make monster truck tracks. Which is what he did in this picture. You can see Avynlea swinging on what is left of our Ghetto swing set.
In other news I was driving by Albertsons when I saw a sign out front saying they were having a sale on some food items. Alison gave us some money this Christmas for a years supply so I went to the bank to pull a little out so I could go take advantage of the sale. It is a bounce back sale and the way it work is that you buy ten of the items at regular sale price and then you get a 10 dollar coupon back. Then you buy the next ten, use the coupon and then you get another ten dollar coupon and then so on and so on. I ended up with a lot of receipts because you have to cash out each 10 items in order to get the coupon and it took quite a while but I am really excited with what I ended up with.
This is what I bought and it may not look like a whole ton but I had 2 kids with me and a short amount of time before I had to get Ryker so I couldn't get everything I wanted but I am thinking of going back today. Anyway I spent a total of $103 on what you see in the back of the expedition. Good right? Well the impressive part is that I saved a total of $277!!! I know, now your jaws just dropped! (regularly the soups were three bucks a can, the granola bars were 4 bucks a box and the fruit snacks were 3 bucka a box)I am really excited that I could be thrifty and use the sale to stock up for our years supply! So fun!
One last fun happening is that I got a package from my oldest sister and she sent me a couple things because she knew that I had been feeling really homesick this past winter. One of the items was this really cool BathBomb she bought from Downtown Disney. This kids were intrigued and so I started my bath last night and then let the kiddos in to see the BathBomb in action.
They thought it was pretty cool and now I think the next time I go down to Cali I am going to have to stock up on some for the kids baths. Oh and in case you did not know a BathBomb is a ball that you drop into your bath and as it fizzles it colors and scents the water. The one I was sent was called :Pacific Ocean". I took a picture with the flash off so you could see how dark it got.
It was really fun and I had great bath! Thanks Steph for my "Pacific Ocean" bathing time! It was just what I needed!