Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ward Temple Night!

"Sydney Australia Temple"
Kefford and I got the chance to go to the Temple last night for ward temple night. After the pretty bad week I just had and the really bad day I had on Friday going to the Temple was just what I needed to get back some focus.

We left our 4 kids in the capable hands of our neighbor and friend Stacy. My kids LOVE this girl and are always excited to have her come over and babysit. Rylee didn't even fuss when we left she just waved bye and into Stacy's arms she went. When we came home the kids were excited to tell stories of the things they did.. "talent shows", popcorn making, playing in forts and reading stories. I guess they wanted to eat a snack of popcorn and Stacy felt bad about using ours so she called her Mom to bring some they have down. Her Mom was not home and so she went ahead and used ours but then later her Mom stopped by and dropped off one to replenish our pantry with. I laughed when I heard that, I told Stacy she was silly and didn't need to do that but she insisted. I am going to have to sneak it back to her house soon!

We got to the Temple early for the 6:30 session and so we went down to the cafeteria to eat a meal of steak, potatoes with gravy, peas and carrots, a roll for me and coconut pie for Kefford. It was really yummy except I don't like peas so Kefford ate those. One of my friends in the ward, Lynn, tagged along with us to the Temple because her husband was late getting home and it was nice to visit with her. When we were done we went to go change, Kefford was carrying our bags and he handed me one as we parted ways. It wasn't until after I had got my locker key and went in the cubical to change that I noticed he gave me the wrong bag. So I went out to find him waiting and we switched bags.
The session was such a great one. It was completely filled with extra chairs brought in and most of the people were from our ward. Being in the celestial room surrounded by people you know and love had got to be one of the best feelings. As Kefford and I walked out the door I looked back in and was overwhelmed with a feeling of "that is what Heaven will be like". We truly have a great ward that is really a true ward family. In the changing room I spent some time talking to my friend Mary about my frustrations with the kids and my inadequacies I feel as a parent. She gave me some really good advice and it was so nice to just talk and vent. Kefford didn't appreciate waiting so long for me, he claims it was half an hour, but it really was just what I needed!

I feel very lucky to be surrounded by so many people who love and care for our family, it lessons the sting of not being near my family a little. (: