Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poor Avynlea!

Yesterday Avynlea had her 4 year well child visit to the pediatrician. She was very confident in talking to the Dr. and answered all of her questions correctly. She did say she watches too much TV and yeah sometimes they do. But notice I said SOMETIMES. Usually I do a really good job of monitoring the TV intake. I made them eat oatmeal and drink chocolate milk for breakfast so when the Dr. asked what foods she likes to eat the first thing she said was oatmeal. I chuckled at that because normally it is a struggle to get her to eat it all of the other kids like it but not usually Avynlea. In fact this morning I made the same thing and I just found the bowl in the sink still full! Whatcha going to do?
Anyway her statistics are Weight: 31 1/2 (25%) Length: 39 in. (35%) and Blood Pressure: 88/56
I was not surprised by the weight I was however surprised by the height. I expected her to be taller. But she is just a tiny thing and the Dr. never really worries about that because she knows my kids and how they tend to be smaller in weight and usually taller in height. When given the option I did decide to have Avynlea get her pre-kindergarten booster shots a total of five in all. She needed her second Hep. A, DTap, Polio, mmr and varivax. I know one of those is the chicken pox vaccine. Avynlea took the shots and of course cried, A lot, but despite it all she was very brave and does not have to get another shot for a long time! Yay!!
This picture was taken around Christmas but I thought it appropriate for this post...poor Avynlea!