Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day Kenedy, Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee!

After dinner on Tuesday we took the kids to Fred Meyers so that they could pick out Valentines Cards. After much debate Ryker chose Batman and Kenedy picked out High School Musical 3D cards. It took Kenedy a lot longer to pick out her cards but once she did I thought she was really happy with them. Well later on when I went to bed I found this on my pillow...
"Mom, thought you want to know that I'm not happy with my valentines. Kenedy" I just laughed and put them aside until the next morning when I could question her on it. She said that she is worried she will not have enough because there are only 27 cards in the box. I let her know that she can give the cards to the kids and we can make cookies to give to the teachers. OK that was fine but then she did not like that Ryker can fold his cards and seal them with a heart sticker but she could not on hers. I let her know that 3D cards are really cool , that all the kids will love them, and that you can't fold them because they will ruin the image. She thought about it and decided it would be OK. On Thursday Avynlea Rylee and I went into Rykers class to help with the Valentines Party. The kids passed out Valentines, played pin the heart on the face, decorated cookies and had a ball. I loved seeing the excitement all the kids had and I think it turned out to be a successful party. I got volunteered to be in charge because I am friends with Rykers teacher and it turned out nice because I delegated all of the treats and games to other parents and all I had to do was show up. Pretty sneaky am I!
That afternoon I left Avenlea and Ryker playing at their friend Trevors house and Rylee and I popped into Kenedys party. The kids were enjoying their treats and reading their valentines. Earlier in the week the school had a little "fundraiser" and were selling valentines suckers. I bought one for Kenedy and one for Ryker from the rest of us and then I had them each fill out ones for each other. They had already been delivered and so Kenedy was showing me what she got. She ended up with 5! One from me, one from Ryker, one from her teacher, one from our neighbor Alex (she's a girl) and then one from Joel. Joel is a boy in Kenedys class who has a thing for her. She says that he likes lots of girls but I noticed Kenedy was the only one who got one. I thought it was cute!
That evening I took the kids ( Kefford had Elder's Quorum Meetings) back over to the school to watch the third graders perform the music they have been practicing in music. Kenedy was a little bummed because the part she wanted went to one of her friends, and I think it bothered her more then she let on that practically everyone else in the entire third grade had a part in the program but her. Lots of the other kids got to play drums or shake maraca's but Kenedy just stayed in the chorus. I think she did a really good job and, although she could have smiled more, she gets too embarrassed, she was the prettiest one up there!
Waving to the audience!

The boy in the upper left corner is Joel. I noticed him looking at my Kenedy a lot and even gave her a little eyebrow wiggle...oh my!
On Friday the kids did not have any school so I took the opportunity to have them help really clean out their rooms. Because they did such a good job I let them open the valentines my Mom sent for them in the mail. They were really excited about it and enjoyed the treats from Grandma and the valentine cards from Ashleigh! They later called her to tell her thank you and I think she and they enjoyed that. Avynlea got a little confused and called her the wrong Grandma but I quickly corrected her. Funny kids!
On Valentines day the kids got to open the Valentines that Keffords Mom sent them. They loved the fun little treats and surprises. I took a picture of them holding up their favorite item. Ryker couldn't decide on just one and look how impressive Avynlea is blowing up her own balloon! We let the kids call her to thank her and that was fun for them.
I love my kids and we had a good Valentines Day being together!