Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Avynlea turns four!

** I want to start this post with a little message from me about my blogging habits. You may notice that I tend to blog a lot, that is done with a purpose. Lately I have grown tired of scrapbooking (that happens occasionally) and I really do not like handwriting in Journals. This blog was created with the purpose of helping my family stay in touch with our lives and to serve as a kind of journal. I say kind of because I don't write really personal things in here, I use this to keep record of things my kids say and do. I also am toying with the idea of just having this published at the end of the year and use it as my "scrapbook". So read if you like enjoy the pictures and I will continue doing what I am doing. Who knows, I may get tired of this but for now I am really enjoying having a place to record our everyday happenings!

We started out Avynleas birthday with her opening a present given to her by Grandma Alison. I knew it was clothes and I wanted her to have something cute and new to wear on her birthday.
She loved the outfits and changed in and out of both throughout the day.
After she was dressed she got a phone call from Brother Nichole's a member of the Bishopric wishing her a happy birthday! Later on in the afternoon Avynlea and Ryker helped decorate her birthday cupcakes. We had gone to the store earlier to pick out birthday supplies and Avynleas first pick of items were, Sponge Bob hats, plates, and cups, Princess Barbie wrapping paper, Giselle cake topper. After all the princess items I had her go back and decide again if she really wanted Sponge Bob or something else, she debated and ended up with Dora hats, plates and cups.
Avynlea also picked out purple streamers and after we tried to decorate she and Ryker had fun wrapping each other up.
Elaine Josi came over during this time to give Avynlea a little birthday gift..a cute My Little Pony! (She would kill me if she knew I put this picture on here..hehehe) While we were gone running errands Avynlea had a telephone message left from her church friend Daniel wishing her a happy birthday. She thought that was funny and kept telling me that Daniel wants to marry her. I have to say he has good taste. Later that day we took a cupcake over to Daniel. She also got a phone call from her BFF Aunt Erin. She liked that also, even though she hung up on her. I think the birthday excitement was too much for her! After Kefford came home from work we let Avynlea pick where she wanted to eat. So off to Burger King we went. We came home and then let Avynlea open her presents. She was really cute sitting on the floor waiting and decided which presents to open when. The other kids were equally as excited to have her open the ones they chose.
Snow White doll from Kenedy. This is Avynleas favorite princess and she was overjoyed to have the barbie. When Ryker saw it he said "cool, now you have Cinderella and her elves". After busting up laughing Kefford and I corrected him!
Here is the quilt I made for Avynlea. I really liked how they turned out and she loved it. The other girls have to wait for their birthdays to get theirs!
Avynlea and her gifts. Flip Flops, glasses and pez from Rylee, Blanket from Mom, Snow White from Kenedy, and Polly roller coaster from Ryker. Keffords gift to her has not come in the mail yet.
Avynleas cupcake tower with Giselle.
Make a wish and blow...
Mom and the birthday girl.
Dad and the birthday girl.
Avynlea got a phone call from Grandma Lutes. She, Heather and Ashleigh all sang happy birthday to her. She loved it!
The next day Avynlea got a present in the mail, Dress and Polly pockets from Grandma Lutes and socks from Ashleigh. She was so excited about the package and kept jumping around screaming "YES" as soon as she saw what was inside.
Her birthday was a big success and I am glad she had a lot of fun!