Thursday, June 17, 2021

Ryker goes to College

While the girls were on Trek Kefford and Ryker left to Utah so Ryker could go to summer semester at BYU. Kefford really wanted to have Ryker have an experience living away from home before his Mission. He felt, and I agreed, that he needed to know what it was like l living with roommates and not being at home. Originally I was going to drive him down Saturday after the girls got home from trek, help him get moved in and then stay a week visiting family. But we would have Mom, Heather and Jaylynn with us, along with Rylee and Avynlea, plus all of their stuff and Rykers stuff and we just would not be able to make everyone fit. Kefford decided that he would drive Ryker to Utah on Thursday and then we would meet up with them on Saturday. 
Once they got everything packed up I went out to take a couple of goodbye pictures and Ryker being Ryker was not very cooperative.

Ryker is staying in Heritage Halls and Kefford was kind enough to take a couple of pictures of him and his dorm for me.

These pictures Ryker sent me once he had more stuff unpacked.
I think the minimal decoration is so funny and so opposite what Kenedy had in her apartment. They are very different people and I love it.

I was a lot irritated when I got home and realized Ryker did nothing to pack up and clean his room. It looked like he did not move out at all. Emily sent me this funny cartoon which describes exactly how it is.