Sunday, June 6, 2021

Money in the mail, Hairstyles, Sunsets, Cheer uniforms and Meeting Elder Gong

Over Memorial Day weekend NeeSee's, an online boutique, was having a sale and as part of the ale they were including cash in every order sold that weekend. Anywhere from $1 to $1000 would be in every package. I was wanting to get a new dress for Ryker's graduation and since they had a sale ad were giving away cash I thought I would look. I found a really pretty dress that I liked and the package came on June 5th. When I opened it up I found an envelope that had a fifty dollar bill on it! I was pretty excited to have recieved that amount since I figured I would have received the one dollar. Yay!
Natalie Hope asked me if I would do her hair for Prom. She sent me a picture of what she was thinking and I was able to make it look pretty close to her inspiration picture. She looked beautiful and is such a sweet girl, I had a lot of fun doing hair and I am glad she asked me. She said it held up the entire night which I was super relieved about. I used bobby pins and I was worried about the braids not staying up, phew!
We get some really beautiful sunsets out here and this was one that Rylee captured with my phone, I love the pink cotton candy clouds.
Avynlea had uniform fittings on Tuesday the 8th and Varsity has new game day uniforms. Kara took a picture of these 4 girls and posted it on Instagram to show off their new uniforms and I think they are so cute, the girls and the uniforms!

Avynlea, Roree, Hailey and Dreya
Optional clothing items are always on the list for things the girls can get and I figured out during Kenedy's years cheering that if there was an optional item I liked I could order it for myself. This jacket was one I got during Kenedy's senior year and it was an item they had on the list again this year. I sent a picture of me in it to my cheer mom besties so they could see how it fit. None of them ended up getting it because it was $90! I definitely did not pay that much when I got it and was pretty shocked to find out the price. 

We had Stake Conference on June 6th and Elder Gong came and presided. It was excited to have a member of the 12 come and because of covid they originally limiting numbers of who could attend in person. We received an email saying that all of the youth 11 and up were invited to attend. We were supposed to go to Nyssa for Dylans baby blessing but we thought it was important for our kids to attend Stake Conference, being in the presence of a General Authority was a really big deal and they wanted to go as well. A couple days later we were told that there were no restrictions and per Elder Gong's instructions anybody who wanted to attend should and would be able to. With this announcement Kefford and I decided to stay as well and attend the Conference with our kids. It was a really great conference, when Elder Gong came in he came in on the side we were sitting on and shook as many hands as he could reach. I was lucky to get a hand shake while Rylee and Avynlea got fist bumps. After the meeting he stayed and anybody who wanted to meet him was encouraged to come get in a line to shake his hand. Since I already did that I want going to stand in line but the rest of my family went to the line so I went with them. It was special to shake his hand and talk real quick with him. He looked me right in the eyes and seemed to look deep into my should. Avynlea snuck a picture of Rylee shaking his hand which I m sure she wasn't supposed to do but I am not going to delete it! it was a really good conference.