Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Ryker Goes Through the Temple


On Wednesday June 16th we got to go with Ryker to the Temple for the first time. We wanted him to go before he left for Summer College and I was happy to be able to do it at a time when my Mom was in town so she could be there also. The Meridian Temple did not have any openings this week so we reserved the boise Temple. Because of Covid restrictions we were only allowed 16 people not counting Ryker which made it hard as Kefford has a lot of family. Kefford and I took up 2 spots and my Mom was an automatic number 3 so that left 13. We invited Bob and Alison and then to make it fair with the siblings we started with the oldest after Kefford and extended an invitation and then depending on whether they said yes or no let us know how many more spots we had left. We had Jeremy and Gwen, Mikell and Steve, Trevor and Michelle, Dustin and Whitney and Kylie and Andrew all say they could come. We had one spot left and Ryker invited Alan which made 16. The day of Whitney let us know that Dustin could not make it because he wasn't feeling good and so we invited Tami but she was busy so we ended up with 16 total including Ryker. 
What I loved about this session was that it was only our family, aside from the Temple Workers we were the only ones in the Temple and it was pretty special. Ryker was surrounded by people who know him and love him and the Spirit was really strong. I wish I could have had more of my family attend but it is what it is and I am just grateful that we could plan it so that at least my Mom was there.

Andrew, Kylie, Steve, Mikell, Jeremy, Gwen, Alan, Michael, Trevor, Bob, Alison, Whitney, Ryker, Kefford, Elizabeth and Bonnie

Michelle asked if my girls could babysit her boys while we were at the Temple and they agreed to it. Jaylynn I think helped a little but Heather helped a lot with baby Joshua to get him to stop crying and putting him to sleep. I was really grateful for their help so while the girls were at Mutual I took Mom, Heather and Jaylynn to Reeds Dairy for some ice cream, my treat. :)