Sunday, May 5, 2019

Mammograms and Cheer Tryouts

At my last Dr appt I was told I have to start doing yearly mammograms. Ugh. I don't know why I have to to start I thought 45 was the magic number and I am only 40 plus I don't have any breast cancer history in my family. It's perplexing but it is also Dr's orders so I will go along with it.
But first a couple of selfies before I head into the office...
And a couple of selfies while I wait to be collected by the nurse and to send to my sister :)
The mammogram was an experience I am not looking forward to repeating every year. I was fine until she really started to manipulate my breast for one of the pictures and as I was standing there I started to feel really clammy and sick to my stomach. I asked if I could sit down because if I didn't soon i was going to pass out. So I sat with my head between my knees while th enurse put wet paper towels on my neck. She brought me in some juice and water and then had me suck on a lollipop when it came out that I hadn't had anything to eat that day...oops. Once I was feeling better I was able to get  through the rest of the appointment but man it was rough going for a while there.
Avynlea had her cheer tryouts on Saturday and as she got out of the car I made her let me take a picture before I wished her good luck. 
After the tryouts we went back to the school at 3:00 so she could get her letter. I parked and waited in the car while she went to wait with the rest of the hopefuls. When the girls got their letters most of them opened them right away but Avynlea brought hers to the car where she opened it with me. She made it onto the JV team nd I was really happy for her. I know she was hoping for Varsity and was a little sad and my mama heart hurt for her but after a while she was able to get excited about being on JV. She is going to rock it as a cheerleader and I cannot wait to watch her!
Sunday morning I came out to find Rylee asleep on the couch. When I went to bed the night before I checked on her in her room and saw her asleep in bed so I was a little surprised to see her downstairs. When Rylee woke up she was also surprised to find herself downstairs on the couch. She said she had no idea why she was down there and did not remember going downstairs in the night. She must have been sleepwalking.