Monday, May 6, 2019

Cinco de Mayo!

Sunday May 5th was Cinco de Mayo and we celebrated Mexico's Holiday with a taco dinner! I wanted to make the Mexican rice recipe from my friends Favorite Family Recipes blog so I made sure to have all the ingredients on hand. When it was time to take it off the stove it didn't look very good but then I went at it with a fork and started fluffing and it turned into looking amazing! I was so excited, it tasted amazing as well! I will never make boxed Mexican rice again, this recipe was so easy and so yummy, it tasted exactly like the Mexican rice you get at Fiesta Guadalajara!

I usually only have soft shells on hand for tacos but for Cinco de Mayo I wanted to have the crunchy shells as well, I love those crunchy shells! It was a really good dinner and I love celebrating the little things with my kids.

It was a beautiful day and later that evening some of us hung out in the backyard for a bit. Avynlea wanted me to take some pictures of her doing flips on the trampoline and showed me how to hold down the shutter button on my phone to take a series of multiple pictures. I think we got some good ones of her flipping out!