Friday, May 10, 2019

Honor Choir and Baby Laney

I like playing around with the instagram filters when I am taking pictures of my dancers in dance class. They are the cutest and on this day I got some cute pictures of Brynlee, Lucy and Aida.
Avynlea was talked into signing up for a district wide Honor Choir by her teacher Mrs Johnson. She didn't really want to do it but felt the pressure and said she would. Later she found out the practices interfered with cheer tryouts and decided she was not going to do the Honor Choir after all. The week of the last practice and the concert her teacher told her she could still do it so Avynlea decided she was back in it. I didn't find out about the concert until the night before because when she decided she wasn't going to do it I deleted all of the information off of my phone. Luckily I was able to go and get a good seat and be able to watch Avynlea perform. It was a good, quick, one hour long concert and I am glad she was able to do it and learn her songs so quickly.
I had told Whitney a couple of days before that I would watch Laney while she and Dustin went to the Temple. Then I found out about the concert which conflicted with babysitting. I told Whitney the situation and let her know that Rylee is perfectly capable of watching the baby because she has experience babysitting babies and that Kefford would also be home to help if needed. She decided that would work and she dropped the baby off while I was at the concert. 
I got home after about 30 minutes from when they dropped her off and I found Kefford holding a crying Laney. I quickly took her and tried to give her some comfort. I could tell she was really tired so I held her and rocked her until she fell asleep. She slept for about an hour and when she woke up she was in a much better mood.
Avynlea and Rylee were able to hold her at that point and Rylee even got a smile out of the little nugget. She is such a sweet baby!