Saturday, May 11, 2019

Seminary Mothers Day Program and Dance Connection Dance Recital

I was invited by text message to a Mother's Day program Ryker's seminary class was having. I thought that sounded like fun and added it to my calendar. The next day I got another text message from the seminary teacher asking if I would share a few thoughts the day of on why I love being a Mom. My first thought was "this guy must not want me to come". I really do not like public speaking and definitely did not want to speak in their seminary class. I sucked it up and said I would do it and then tried to forget about it until I remembered way late the night before. I thought of a few thoughts to share and wrote them in my phone and tried not to stress about it. They had a really nice program planned and the kids who spoke did a nice job. The entire class sang a song about mother's and that was really sweet. I managed to get a picture of Ryker smiling during the song which is a rarity. Standing to his left is my trek son McKay and in front in the plaid is Macy one of the YW in our ward. It was fun to see kids I knew but I was still not happy about speaking. 
In the program they had plans to play a newlywed type of game but with Moms and kids. The seminary teacher randomly picked three kids along with their Moms to go up front to play the game. Guess who was one of the ones picked...Ryker and I. I could not even deal but I was a good sport and played the game. They were running out of time so I only had to speak at the end for about 2 minutes which was perfect. I said a few words and then sat down. I was told I did a good job and am happy with what I said.
After it was over we got treats and I got a picture with Ryker before he had to leave for his next class.

After I left the Seminary I went to meet Holly at Costco to stock up on snacks and food for our Dance Recitals. I found the limoncello chocolate almonds on sale and bought two packs. They are so good and it is hard to stop eating them once you start. I wanted to be greedy and keep both bags for myself but I shared one bag at the dance meeting because all of the teachers love them. 
I only had one class perform in this recital which was great. Charlie was the first of my dancers to arrive and she was really nervous and seemed unsure about what was happening. I sat and talked with her before some of the other kids came but she just looked at me like she did not know who I was. Later I saw my class backstage and as soon as Charlie saw me she said "Elizabef!", she was so excited to see me and finally knew who I was. I laughed and laughed.
I was so proud of these girls, they did such a great job and performed so well, I was so happy!
Samantha, Shyla, Mia, Charlie, Addie and Braylee

Cyndi got all of us teachers flowers and then after cleaning up we loaded up and headed out to eat.

We went to Luigis and KEfford and the girls got to come and eat with us. Rylee was super surprised by the size of her pizza, she ordered a medium thinking it was going to be a slice of pizza and instead got a huge pie. 
The next Monday in dance class I took a picture with my little monkeys. They were really frustrating at times but I love them and will miss seeing their little faces every week.

Mia, Charlie, Addie, Braylee, Samantha and Shyla