Sunday, May 6, 2018

Elevate Dance Project Dance Recitals

Saturday was the end of the year Dance recital for Elevated Dance Project. I taught two Kinderstars classes this year and assisted in the two Friday night Pre-teen and Elementary classes. I had such a great year. I have really loved my classes this year and adore all of the dancers I was privileged to teach. 
Hayden (top pic) and Preslie (bottom pic) wanted a picture with me which I was happy to oblige. Jessica Lewis had two of her girls in my classes and she had three of her girls taking dance. She had to leave Eleanor, not one of my dancers, between shows for some reason and asked me if I could keep an eye on her. I was fine with that and quickly found out she was a pretty easy kid to watch over. In fact I forgot for the first half hour that I was supposed to be watching her and when I remembered her I went looking for her and found her chilling in the cafeteria with her iPad. So we hung out for a while until her family got back and at one point she wanted to take a picture with me. Such little sweeties!
This year our ballet theme was Dr Seuss and both of my Kinders classes were in different shows so Melissa assingned my classes the same dance which was awesome. My girls were little Lou Who's and danced to "Where are you Christmas" from the Grinch movie. I had them wear pajamas and dance with their dolls who wore matching pajamas. They looked so sweet. 
My Monday Kinders wore pink top and bottom pajamas for the ballet and their second dance was "peanut butter and jelly" and they wore really pretty raspberry colored tutu costumes that looked like raspberry jelly.
PB&J picture
top row: Preslie, Brighton, Sofi, and Ella
bottom row: Juliette, June, Kinley, Alana and Hayden

My Thursday Kinders class did the same dance for the ballet but they wore red and white polka dotted nightgowns with their dolls also wearing the same thing. For their second dance I choreographed a dance to the song "Life's a Happy Song" which is from the Muppets movie. I have long loved this song and have wanted to do a dance to it for a long time, I was super happy to have the opportunity this year. They wore the cutest blue sparkle costumes with plaid trim and I loved how they looked. 
"LAHS" picture
top row: Livia, Laiyla, Sara and Paige
bottom row: Sydney, Vivian and Madison

I didn't get  picture of our Friday night pre-teens but I did get one of the elementary kids. They were the best kids this year and my favorite Friday night class ever. These kids were positive, kind, loving, funny, hard-working and full of joy. If I was having a bad day I always left this class happy and over it. There dance this year was to a song called "Dancing in Heaven" which is from the "Girls just want to have fun" soundtrack. We had the kids come up with their own 80's themed costumes and they looked fabulous!
back row: Abby, Peyton, Charlize, Alana, Bryce, ***, Elie and Kenzie
bottom row: Hadlee, Bella, Joee, Taylor, London, Kemper, Lily and Mia