Saturday, May 12, 2018

Disneyland!

Kefford and I drove down to California the second week in May so we could go watch my brother get sealed in the Temple. We left the kids at home so they could stay caught up in school and because we needed some time away from them. We left Kenedy in charge and I was really happy with how well they did without us. I talked to them often but never once had calls from them complaining about each other, it was great. 
It was fun to see Amos again and I liked seeing Kefford and him doing a little bonding at the piano. And I am pretty sure he liked hanging out with me and Heather. 
Thursday night Heather took Mom and I to the mall and treated us to gel manicures. It was fun to be pampered and I liked having my nails shaped for me. 
The next day Heather, Kefford and I went to Disneyland! I love Disneyland and it has been a while since I have been so I was really excited for this day with just the three of us. Andrew was there also with his in-laws and we met up with them for lunch which was fun to hang with him and meet his future family. 
It was a colder day and not super busy so we were able to get on the rides without too much of a wait. We didn't do Splash Mountain because we did not want to risk getting wet and being even more cold. We also didn't go on Pirates of the Caribbean because it was closed for refurbishing or something. I was disappointed on not getting to go on that ride but it was fun to have been able to do all of the other ones we wanted. Poor Kefford ended up being the third wheel to me and Heather for most of the rides, luckily he is a great sport. 










By the time it was 5:00 we were done with everything we wanted to do and decided to go home. I had a really great day at the park but it did make me miss my kids and wish that they were there with us. Hopefully we can take them sometime soon.