Sunday, May 13, 2018

Andrew and Maddie get Hitched!

Andrew and Maddie chose to get married in the San Diego Temple. It is a beautiful Temple and I liked being able to be in it again. I left my jacket and phone with Anita while we went into the sealing and came back to find my phone had been taking some selfies while I was gone, hahaha.
After the sealing we came downstairs back to the shoe room to get our shoes and Kefford discovered his were missing. He looked all around multiple times but his shoes were nowhere to be seen. We found a pair that looked kind like his but were a size smaller and assumed that the owner of those shoes made a mistake. The Temple workers told us that the wedding party that got done right before ours was around the corner on the opposite side that ours was so I left Kefford in his socks in the Temple and went around to go hunt down his shoes. When I got to the group they were all standing in a group taking a pictures and I felt really awkward so I hurried away and found Matt and made him come with me to be the spokesman. As soon as the people we talked to found out the situation they immediately guessed it was there Grandpa who made the mistake and sure enough Grandpa was wearing Kefford's shoes. He was pretty funny about it and said he told his wife that his shoes were suddenly more roomy and comfortable. The shoes were switched back to their rightful owners and everyone came away happy.

Matt, Kefford and I got back to our group before Maddie and Andrew appeared and I am glad we did not miss them coming out of the Temple. When they finally did appear it was with much cheering and congratulations. Maddie looked beautiful, I loved her hair and the hairpiece and her dress was gorgeous as well. She looked like a modern day Rapunzel.


I had planned on getting some material while in California and making Kefford a bow tie to wear, Andrew asked if all the guys would wear them. Ashleigh told me she had two and that Kefford could use one of them. His ended up matching Andrew Browns so we had to take some pictures with the two of them and the four of us.
That Amos face is just too cute to resist planting kisses on!
The photographer kept telling everyone to fake laugh in the photos and so Emily captured Isabelle and I making fun of the fake laugh. I would say we have it down pretty good!

I got all of Kenedy's friends who were graduating this year towels with their names embroidered on them in the school colors with their school initials and year for their graduation gifts. I brought Alyssa hers to open and she was pretty excited when she saw what it was.
After all the pictures at the Temple we went over to the Restaurant where the reception and dinner was being held. The reception was outdoors and it over looked the marina which made for such a pretty view for more pictures!


I have never been able to live it down how I cried at Joshua wedding dinner and so when I stated to get teary during Moma nd Andrews Father/Mother dance I turned and caught Emily, Ashleigh and Heather all crying. I had to quickly take pictures of them to hold against them for when they make fun of me again. Unfortunately Heather also snapped a picture of me, but at least I was not the only one boo hooing.
The next morning Kefford and I left really early to drive home to California. It was a quick trip we made but such a fun one and I am glad we were able to be there.